Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk, Duffy, Knockaert - New Contracts

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
I'm sure that's the third succesive summer that Dunk's signed a new long term contract

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

With Evans being looked at by City and Virgil by Liverpool, the middle tier clubs will be sniffing so it makes good sense! On subject of Evans, people forget he's only 29, won things with Utd and would be a good bit of business for City. Kompany looked leggy according to pundits so I can see Evans moving on. Pullis is a long term admirer of Dunk so can see why this has happened this week!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
At the end of the day contracts mean not a lot. Look at VJD at Soton and Rose at Spurs. Just guarantees a good transfer fee if someone turns their heads

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Maybe Club know something we don't! Could Geordies come in for Knockaert, Southampton Duffy etc etc!!!

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Very good bit of business. I have no doubt these boys will be some of the stand outs this season, whether we go down or stay up. We can expect better offers for them if bids come in, but we also secure their services for longer should we stay up.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
That had crossed my mind. Just have to hope that TB doesn't go full Keith Wickenden...

Again, what?

But then we offered the highest paid contracts in the Division on 10 year terms - we're nowhere near that now. This is purely to protect the club's investment in these players.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe Club know something we don't! Could Geordies come in for Knockaert, Southampton Duffy etc etc!!!

The Geordies are coming in for Southampton? Are they never satisfied?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Great news.

Brings them in line with our new recruits and Dale Stephens in terms of salaries.

Wouldn't be surprised if AK already was... (I don't know BTW).

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I wonder if it's because they have wage match clauses and now the Colombian fella has signed they've hadto get new contracts.

This must be the case. I think Dunk has been getting regular new contracts ever since he nearly left us for Fulham. I assume that was the promise made that kept him at the Albion back then.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
if this is the case.....

Does that mean our business is now done? or that whoever comes in won't eclipse the current deals..

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Good business sense as well. Secure the most saleable if the squad (who aren't very recent signings) and if we go down we can command big big fees.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here