Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester trains

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
What time train is everybody getting & where are we drinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Early start leaving redhill 7.45. As for drinking I have no idea yet but hopefully I'll find out where everyone else is going thanks to this thread

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Designated away pubs are The Hind and The Barley Mow.
If anyone has a requirement for a particular type of pub e.g. ale, sports, foodie then I can post some ideas

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Any decent craft beer pubs?

Blue Boar - large micro pub, beer always spot on - no Draught lager
The Criterion - great beer
Broood - good selection
Brew Dog - good selection, younger clientele
Marquis of Wellington - good selection
Lansdowne - good selection
Ale Wagon - divides people to love it or hate it
Salmon - used to be the best ale boozer in Leicester
The Hind and the Barley Mow are not renowned for their ale - even though the Barley Mow is an Everards brewery pub

Mmmm feel really thirsty now

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Broood - good selection
The Hind and the Barley Mow are not renowned for their ale - even though the Barley Mow is an Everards brewery pub

Is the Loaded Dog any good? Otherwise I was just thinking of going to the cathedral with a tin cos life is for living

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Is the Loaded Dog any good? Otherwise I was just thinking of going to the cathedral with a tin cos life is for living

Loaded Dog is good for watching live sport - good range of lagers and a few ales.
When sport not on it is a bit of a student pub, but they're all on their hols right now.
New Walk is the preferred alfresco tinnie area.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Broood - good selection

Cheers

Any pubs to avoid?

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Is the art gallery worth seeing? Ahead of the cathedral?

The New Walk museum is not huge, but it's got some great German expressionism paintings, the Picasso ceramics are worth seeing and the exhibition of A Prince's Tour of India has some scary daggers - links to Brighton, Prince Albert, Pavilion

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Arriving in Leicester this evening. Recommendations for (centrally located) South Indian restaurants anyone? Then Parkrun in Victoria Park tomorrow morning (good nearby brunch recommendations, anyone?) followed by relaxing morning/early afternoon pre-match.

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Cheers

Any pubs to avoid?

There's hardly anywhere that I think twice to visit.
You'd have to really have to have a terrible sense of direction if you managed to wander to the wrong estate pub - even I don't collect pubs that are that local.
I've never managed to walk in to the Market Tavern, my feet make me walk in a different direction - it's a bit too salt of the earth for me.
I try to never go in to any of the 3 Wetherspoons pubs - Last Plantagenet; Corn Exchange; Highcross - just no atmosphere and punters are so miserable.
Some of the Irish pubs have a little bit too much atmosphere IMO - Royal Standard; Fountain; Hansom Cab
The Lost Bar is worth avoiding
Pubs nearer the ground get stupidly busy

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
For everyone that is going - enjoy. I've done a stadium tour of the King Power and it's a fine stadium and generates an atmosphere second to none in the EPL.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
For everyone that is going - enjoy. I've done a stadium tour of the King Power and it's a fine stadium and generates an atmosphere second to none in the EPL.
no you mean their poxy drum works, just like h/field some fecking numpty spends 90mins whacking the feck out of it

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Arriving in Leicester this evening. Recommendations for (centrally located) South Indian restaurants anyone? Then Parkrun in Victoria Park tomorrow morning (good nearby brunch recommendations, anyone?) followed by relaxing morning/early afternoon pre-match.

Simples - Kayal on Granby Street - any restaurant with a Brighton players' name by has to be a winner - seriously, it's such a good Keralan restaurant that it stops me exploring - you get heat with flavour rather than a sledgehammer.
Brunch, Delilah; Premier Inn; Knight and Garter; Cosy Club; Curveside - 'poons are not the best in Lestah.

Last edited:

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Simples - Kayal on Granby Street - any restaurant with a Brighton players' name by has to be a winner - seriously, it's such a good Keralan restaurant that it stops me exploring - you get heat with flavour rather than a sledgehammer.
Brunch, Delilah; Premier Inn; Knight and Garter; Cosy Club; Curveside - 'poons are not the best in Lestah.

Thanks for this advice. The Kayal came good - this has to be an omen
d902ce1d12c9a4ab58680a586f2d243c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here