Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Champion equalities MP quits

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It seems for saying what the facts support. Asian gangs of men grooming white girls for abuse. Might be an uncomfortable truth but surely best to take steps to deal with it within the communities responsible rather than pretending this issue isn't a problem. The majority although not exclusively an issue with a small number of certain ethnic groups

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
She was quoted as saying "Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls".

I hate the fact that politicians get into trouble for saying the truth. This just encourages them to sit on the fence. This plays into the perpetrators hands.

Many, many people will someday hang their heads in shame that they knew what was happening and did nothing for fear of offending others.

But hey, as long as we're being inclusive, that's all that matters.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The problem being that society seems to think that it's wrong to point out that most sex rings are run by Asian men. If me stating that makes me racist then I'm a proud racist.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What MPs do!

The UK public elects Members of Parliament (MPs) to represent their interests and concerns in the House of Commons. MPs consider and can propose new laws as well as raising issues that matter to you in the House. This includes asking government ministers questions about current issues including those which affect local constituents.

MPs split their time between working in Parliament itself, working in the constituency that elected them and working for their political party.

Some MPs from the governing party (or parties) become government ministers with specific responsibilities in certain areas, such as Health or Defence. These MPs do not stop working for their constituency and, whatever their role in Government or Parliament, will still hold regular surgeries to help their constituents.

http://www.parliament.uk/about/mps-and-lords/members/mps/

By speaking out like this, Sarah Champion has jeopardized her career for the common good IMO
If someone had spoken out about the crimes that Jimmy Saville had starting commiting at the start, then I'm guessing that the penny would've dropped before the eventual atmosphere of fear that enveloped the BBC.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fear of the uncomfortable truth around us, and cowardice to discuss the very real problems that are presented to us was one of the major causes of Brexit IMO.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If that is so, how do all these Brexiters expect Brexit is going to change this?
That is a question that only a Brexitier can answer. But by ignoring the concerns of a sizeable proportion of the electorate for the last 20 or 30 years the so called educated elite created their very own ticking time bomb which finally exploded last year, and I personally was a staunch remainer.

Over here right now, Yarra district council has just banned citizenship presentations taking place on Australia Day, and is also going to drop the Australia Day term as it is offensive to the indigious population in their view. A spokesperson in the media described how she used to join in banal celebrations, such as a beer and a barbie, with others but has now been 'educated' to realise how innappropriate this was. It is this feeling of moral and intellectual superiority (I have been educated so my opinion is more weighty) over others which leads to the disaffection of sizeable groups of the wider community.

In my view this is exactly what happened with Brexit, the London/libertarian/intellectual elite refused to discuss racial issues and concerns for the last 30 years. Whether they were morally correct is somewhat irrelevant, the people whose views were ignored for too long as they were just racists finally had the opportunity to kick back and so voted to leave.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If that is so, how do all these Brexiters expect Brexit is going to change this?

The post you respond to only points out that the suppression of comment on immigration built up a groundswell of opposition, as many felt that they were not listened to. This again appears to be a taboo issue and it affects some of the most vulnerable in our society, our politicians and establishments behind them are just so poor!!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
In my view this is exactly what happened with Brexit, the London/libertarian/intellectual elite refused to discuss racial issues and concerns for the last 30 years. Whether they were morally correct is somewhat irrelevant, the people whose views were ignored for too long as they were just racists finally had the opportunity to kick back and so voted to leave.

I voted Leave for this very reason. Glad a remain voter recognises this. I would still vote leave for this same reason tomorrow...
I see the the liberal establishment as the problem with this country.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As MP. For Rotherham, she knows more than most what is going on.

Shame she's had to resign after basically saying what a lot of people are thinking.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
The problem being that society seems to think that it's wrong to point out that most sex rings are run by Asian men. If me stating that makes me racist then I'm a proud racist.

With this issue and any other issue....any white person having the audacity to state 'facts', which might make a minority look bad is nothing but a 'raaacist' and must therefore be disbelieved because it's not PC to be allowed to think bad of minorities who are all victims of the nasty white peoples society!!

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's a pity there wasn't such an outcry when a number of powerful, priverlrged white men were systematically raping British boys and girls. Really dangerous to make this a race or religious issue. It means an awful lot of vulnerable young people will be at greater risk. If being a racist makes children more vulnerable than I'm proud to be a looney lefty!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's a pity there wasn't such an outcry when a number of powerful, priverlrged white men were systematically raping British boys and girls. Really dangerous to make this a race or religious issue. It means an awful lot of vulnerable young people will be at greater risk. If being a racist makes children more vulnerable than I'm proud to be a looney lefty!

What a pathetic eyes off the ball observation. Facing truths in ANY event and addressing them is the only way to protect children whether the perp's are white, blue, green black or any other damn colour, culture religion or race. Stating facts should not be punishable or result in childish PC labels.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Certainly the majority of child abuse is perpetrated by white males, often within families. The kind of organised, systematic, group abuse of vulnerable white girls is predominantly the domain of asian males, predominantly of Pakistani descent. Facts are facts, and it's very sad she has had to resign for stating them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here