Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Brom - Sell out?

Is Burnley closer to Sandwell than Brighton? I'd have thought they were similar distances.

Anyway, the trips are hardly comparable. They haven't played us in over 2 decades, they haven't played at the Amex, it is a Saturday 3pm game, and of course Brighton is a "destination" away trip that will always bumps up the away attendance. I'd expect their demand for Brighton tix to be more than double than for Burnley away. I will astonished if they don't bring the full 3,000 down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

All valid points apart from the last. The fact we are already selling some of S1F means they 100% won't be bringing 3000. Enjoy your astonishment!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The 80 in S1G were the sterile area. Odd how the visual is on the ticket site. It depicts that half of S1F is on sale but there are seats missing. Half of S1Fis over 300 seats........Unless the blocks have had their boundaries moved to make the 3000 away allocation easy. On immediate reflection, this must be the case as the 450 odd that the new S1F holds would exactly be the 3000 allocation when added to West Broms 2550. I'm guessing S1G grew a bit in the close season

Anyhow, confirms West Brom won't be having any of S1F and their maximum allocation is 2550.

Clearly we will lap up these new seats and the other half when on sale (bar 3 columns for segregation)

They announced an away attendance of 3,1xx on Saturday by City fans.

They announced an away attendance of 3,1xx on Saturday by City fans.

I do remember is being over 3000.

We can nail down the numbers tho. If S1B to S1E is 2550 (as confirmed on West Brom website) and S1F holds 528 then this suggests the away areas including wheelchair seats is 3078.

There is of course hospitality which could account for a few extras.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They've opened up most of S1F now.

I reckon West Brom's current allocation is about 2432.

Got to say, I'm surprised they won't be bringing 3,000. Like others have said, we haven't played each other in a long time, it's a new ground for them, and Brighton is one of the big away days. Villa bought over 3,000 for a Friday night game on TV. They should be bringing atleast that amount.

Edit:
Saying that, like Kingcole pointed out, it seems like S1F now has less seats, so my calculations could be wrong.

What I think has happened is that S1G has gained about 8 columns from S1F.

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
and Brighton is one of the big away days.

I get the 'new ground factor' for the keen away followers but I doubt many give a toss about not having played the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion for years. Not sure we really count as one of the big away days either.

el punal

I get the 'new ground factor' for the keen away followers but I doubt many give a toss about not having played the mighty Brighton and Hove Albion for years. Not sure we really count as one of the big away days either.

Oh yes we are. Go on to rival clubs fans forums and we are definitely an away day (weekend) of choice. Man City fans were falling over themselves to get tickets for last Saturday.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Brighton fans getting ahead of themselves.

Like Southampton, Bristol and Norwich, not traditionally a hotbed of football in the eyes of outsiders. But obviously important to us.

Many away fans might travel down this year to tick off another stadium and hope to enjoy a relatively easy three points.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Not because it was us specifically, but that's generally how all fans feel about other clubs they haven't played in ages. It's similar to when I went to Burton Albion away in the League Cup, I had no idea we would be in the same league in the future though.

And yes, with Brighton being a tourist destination and known for its "party town" vibe, it's definitely one of the most favoured away games. If you were a fan of West Brom, where would you rather go? Brighton or Stoke?

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
And yes, with Brighton being a tourist destination and known for its "party town" vibe, it's definitely one of the most favoured away games. If you were a fan of West Brom, where would you rather go? Brighton or Stoke?

I get your point but Stoke is only 40 miles from WBA.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
622 seats still available from £30.

Will we sell out? I am doubtful.

PG

The game is in 3 weeks. We have already nearly sold as many home tickets as the city game since there are 500 more available in S1F due to WBA not taking the full allocation.

Probably a slightly lesser attendance than the city game due to not having to squeeze out every possible seat, but a full house nonetheless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here