Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Only?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
My young lady has this morning been looking at various usual holiday websites for a last minute holiday deal. She came across one but it stated 'Gay Only'! Are companies legally allowed to say that...I thought it could only be classed as Adult only?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
At least that way you know you are going to swing and miss if you are looking for love in all the wrong places.

Seems like the prudent thing to do.

Unless you swing from both sides of the plate (I finally got that reference after watching baseball for a few hours)

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Private company, they should be able to offer services to whoever they want.

If there's a niche market for it good on them for spotting it and making it a business model.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016

If there's a niche market for it good on them for spotting it and making it a business model.

I understand what your saying but surely companies are not allowed to say Hetrosexuals only?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Agree with this. But it doesn't work like that. A private BB/guesthouse wasn't allowed a straight only place because of there religious beliefs. They were taken to court and fined for discrimination.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Hardly, how many cake companies have ended up in court cause they refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples.

Just one example.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Hardly, how many cake companies have ended up in court cause they refuse to make wedding cakes for gay couples.

Just one example.

It's very sad. It's forced labour. It's a contract between two parties, if they can't reach agreement for whatever reason they whoever it is can go to another cake maker.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't see why a business should be forced to accept anyone. Is it the same for women only swim sessions? women only gyms? These businesses are not being shut down.
I don't know why the women only sessions are allowed.
As a wedding photographer I know that you can't turn down gay couples (not that I'd want to anyway).

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I wonder what would happen if a B&B, Hotel or Taxi company advertised Straight only. There have been recent cases where B&B owners have been prosecuted for discriminating against Queers. Does it only work one way? I suppose Gay only is classified as positive discrimination.The Whole World has gone mad. Certain groups generate hatred up on themselves!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It's very sad. It's forced labour. It's a contract between two parties, if they can't reach agreement for whatever reason they whoever it is can go to another cake maker.

So, you'd be quite happy to go back to a time where a B&B place advertised "No blacks or Irish" ? I think we've moved on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here