Do ghosts exist?

Do ghosts exist?

• Total voters

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I'm a ghost.

I used to earn a living from performing in dramas such as 'X-files', 'Ghostbusters' and 'Changing Rooms'.

You could say I'm the living proof of Ghosts, but there's plenty of other Ghosts in the same field of work. It's no mystery.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
But seriously, yes they do exist. I cannot deny what I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears.

Ooh, nutter alert everyone, we've caught one! Could get entertaining from here.:lolol:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I abosolutely LOVE paranormal shit, I spend hours at work listening to bizarre podcasts about all that stuff, it makes the world colourful and some of the characters they have as guests are either fascinating or straight amusement. Having said that, as someone who has spent plenty of time also doing music production I can safely say that EVPs are absolute guff on a level with orbs.

There are so many explanations it's hard to know where to begin really, but noise floors on handheld recorders, cross modulation, ground loops, crappy inbuilt noise cancelling software on said recorders, mic sensitivity levels..... I could knock you up an EVP in whatever sitation you want if I wanted to using any of my field mics. Technical stuff aside, our brains top it all off by making patterns out of nonsense and believing what we want to believe or expect to hear.

I've had an "experience" though, went to pluckly with some mates about 10 years back to camp in the woods. I saw something I've struggled to reason with myself with, I dunno what it was, but the juries still out for me on ghosts. The kid in me would love to see something concrete.

I assume you mean Pluckley in Kent, supposedly the most haunted village in England. Won't you elaborate? I love a good ghost story!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
EVP's have nothing to do with illusionism, pranksters, fraudsters and charlatans.

It's a simply recording evidence for analysis of unexplained phenomena. To attempt to explain such phenomena.

Apologies. My answer to your question is I have no answer.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ghosts? Cannot say. I have lived in houses that have had a bad vibe to them, I've lived in houses that have a pleasant vibe and houses that are neutral. Could simply have been my frame of mind or how my life was going at the time that left a feeling about a place you lived in during those times. Who knows.
I have experienced some odd things in one house that had a bad vibe. Sleep paralysis, night terrors, feelings of unease. Never had those anywhere else.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Many years ago I recall talking to a fella in the army who spoke of real hard nuts being scared shitless when on guard duty at the tower of London.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Many years ago I recall talking to a fella in the army who spoke of real hard nuts being scared shitless when on guard duty at the tower of London.

On the other hand I used to work with someone who actually lived in the Tower of London (her dad was the in-house doctor for the Beefeaters). She said in all the time she lived there she had never experienced anything unusual.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know people who aren't nuts or prone to telling lies who've seen ghosts. Don't know what to make of other than I see no reason to disbelieve. An absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Ghosts? Cannot say. I have lived in houses that have had a bad vibe to them, I've lived in houses that have a pleasant vibe and houses that are neutral. Could simply have been my frame of mind or how my life was going at the time that left a feeling about a place you lived in during those times. Who knows.
I have experienced some odd things in one house that had a bad vibe. Sleep paralysis, night terrors, feelings of unease. Never had those anywhere else.

Exactly my experience . The house I grew up in in London was always making noises at night . Things would move and fall over and no one including my mum and dad enjoyed being there on their own. The people we bought the house off , their kid apparently saw a ghost in the house and swore by it as he was older . Make of that what you will

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
I assume you mean Pluckley in Kent, supposedly the most haunted village in England. Won't you elaborate? I love a good ghost story!

Thats the one! The things you do as a college student eh. We were sitting around one Friday night and decided on a whim to drive up there and camp. The place is tiny, we drove through it twice before we realised that the little strip of road with the pub WAS Pluckey. This was before GPS and the internet mind.

We were driving through it for a third time and looking for the screaming woods, where we were planning on camping and were approaching the crossroads, supposedly this is roughly where the ghost of the highwayman kicks about. It was really foggy and had got dark by the time we arrived there, so the atmosphere was doing it's job and we had Godspeed on the stereo just to amp it up a bit. They're the dudes that were in the 28 days later soundtrack, if you've seen that, it's creepy music. The driver asks me to change the CD because it was freaking him out and I was sitting in the passenger seat, with all the CDs in the footwell. Just as I leaned over to pick some up, I thought I saw something move into the road in the fog. It was still like fog, but definitely denser, like.. it actually had a vague form or bulk, but It was in my peripheral so I didn't really see it with any detail. Anyway in the next second I had sort of dismissed it as fog and was already putting it out of my mind, when the driver slams his brakes on. As soon as he hit the breaks it occured to me that he must have seen something too. This all happens in the space of 1-2 seconds though, from me leaning over to the CDs, seeing something, dismissing it and then the brakes slamming on. I looked up but nothing was in the road and turned to the driver, we both just stared at each other for a second and then the guy in the back who was pretty stoned at this point leaned forward and asked what was up. We both just said 'nothing' and slowly drove on, parked up and went to camp. Neither of us spoke about it so I have no idea what he saw, but I've no idea what I saw either. I always figure it was nothing, just fog, but, I dunno. I know what fog is and I've never seen fog that has that sort of specific density in what I saw as at least a loose form. Can't bring myself to say "I saw a ghost" still, but it was weird whatever it was, even if it was tricks of the mind.

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful, lots of freaking each other out. We stopped in the pub which was tiny and had the classic old tankards hangiing above the bar along with one patron who probably never moved from his spot at the bar. The village itself is nothing, blink and you'll miss it. The screaming woods are pretty creepy, thin tall trees and quite sparsely planted, so your vision is right in that middle ground where you can see quite far, but theres always little obstructions everywhere. Nothing eventful happened for the rest of the night though and by about 2am we'd all settled around the fire and calmed down and were probably a bit too stoned to care. Quite fun though. I heard a podcast recently that talked about it and they were saying that most weekends there are tours and ghost hunts there now. I'm glad we went before any of that. They also mentioned the fog though and said it's almost always foggy there, I don't think there's anything suspect in that really, but what I saw in the fog has stuck with me until now. I'm quite rational and would consider myself a skeptic I guess, but that was weird.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Because it's obvious.
They sure as hell ain't ghosts.

Which is only a personal opinion.

How many EVPs have you listened to?

I've listened to hundreds over the years. Many of which I dismissed, but there are some which are very intriguing and remain in the "unexplained" category once an analysis has ruled out a great many factors which might contribute to an EVP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here