Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Beagrie SACKED by SKY Football

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Might have been just me, but he always seemed very anti Brighton and only gave us grudging praise, where as he adored Middlesbrough and couldn't stop bigging it up when they pipped us a couple of seasons ago. Good riddance.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Always got the sense he didnt like us.

Hated his voice and a very poor pundit for the EFL hopefully they can get someone who provides a bit of insight.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
We tried to sign him from Sheffield United many moons ago but the deal didn't go through .
Perhaps that is why he always seems to be underwhelmed when discussing us .

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As a man, with this conviction, he can do one.

As a pundit though, be careful what you wish for, as he did at least seem bothered, and genuinely INTERESTED in the World outside of the Premier League. So many pundits go through the EFL studios with a face like a smacked arse that they have missed out on the games they really wanted to be at. Or you get a ego-maniac ex-manager like Ollie.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
"The former Man City and Everton star hit his girlfriend and told her he would “rip her throat” out in a drunken row over whether he would marry her, a court heard."

I'm guessing that's a 'no' then?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
What a total tosspot.
Always thought he had that angry small person syndrome.
Oh well no loss, just another pundit gone to the pundit job centre :lolol::tosser:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Peter Beagrie sacked

Ex-Premier League footballer Peter Beagrie has been sacked as a TV pundit after being found guilty of assault.

The 51-year-old ex-Everton, Manchester City and Bradford City player was convicted on Tuesday of punching partner Zarah Blake in a row in April.

Beagrie of Killinghall, North Yorkshire was sentenced to a 12-month community order and 15 days' rehabilitation.

After the trial he said he intended to appeal against his conviction. Sky Sports has terminated his contract.

In a statement following the hearing at Skipton Magistrates Court he said: "I am innocent, something I have maintained from the outset, that is why the verdict was so devastating.

"I will be appealing."

He said he was still with Ms Blake, adding: "This has been an upsetting and traumatic time for us and we both feel there is no other alternative but to appeal."

The court heard he punched his partner while angry and drunk in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, in April.

A Sky Sports spokesman said: "When we first became aware of the charge, we removed Peter from our coverage pending his case.

"Following the outcome we have terminated his contract with immediate effect."

What is it with Sky pundits and women?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I don't think that he should worry too much, Amazon will have him then he can make the football show he's always wanted to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here