Lovely stuff

• Yes

Votes: 168 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 25.7%

• Total voters

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Love it, but always manage to burn it. Best left to those who know how to cook.

Just grill it for fry up(bit of contradiction there I know!!) and takes basically little more time than the bacon does to grill obv depending on thickness!

snedger

Jun 13, 2011
Is it edible non-cooked?

Yes, already cooked - but as much as it does taste delicious, sentimental part of brain wouldn't let me eat it "raw" - but have accidentally not cooked it for long and rare BP has a fab texture and taste.
Not read whole thread, Doreens BP is my fave

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
There are not many food items I won't eat, black pudding(shudder) is one of them. The taste makes me gag, the thought of it makes me retch and the sight of it makes me want to rip my eyes out from their sockets. I kinda don't like it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Is it edible non-cooked?

Depends on the brand.

Hugely versatile - if I've any left after a big fryup it'll probably get crumbled in to a pasta.

Have a mate who's vegan and there's a very convincing non-blood (also non-meat though) version from the Lancashire Black Pudding Company

Jul 7, 2003
The problem a lot of people have with black pudding often comes about when their first experience is in some hotel buffet where the black pudding is usually dry, over-cooked and has the consistency of an ice-hockey puck. It took me a long time to appreciate the great taste of a good black pudding. My current favourite (and the one passed to [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]) is from Garlic Wood Farms in Steyning which is baked rather than boiled and has large lumps of marrowbone in it.

For those talking up white pudding, I can recommend a good Cornish hogs pudding to go with a cooked breakfast.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Black pudding is right up there at the top of my list with mushrooms.

The list?

THINGS THAT ARE NEVER ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR MY BREAKFAST PLATE!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Black pudding is right up there at the top of my list with mushrooms.

The list?

THINGS THAT ARE NEVER ALLOWED ANYWHERE NEAR MY BREAKFAST PLATE!

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Leave them on the side, I'll eat them.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There are not many food items I won't eat, black pudding(shudder) is one of them. The taste makes me gag, the thought of it makes me retch and the sight of it makes me want to rip my eyes out from their sockets. I kinda don't like it

So that's a no for you then?

Jul 7, 2003
That's seriously good. On a couple of occasions I've bought a whole one from Paul and eaten it twice a day for a week. Must ration self.

You're a bad influence. I have only ever seen it sliced in the vac packs and didn't think to ask for a whole one. Maybe next time...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Love the stuff, but the thread has reminded me that I heard that Magnus Pyke (the over 40's will know this arm waving nutty professor), when he was a government food researcher during the war, put forward the idea of using excess human blood donations to make black pudding.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Can't stand the stuff and even when have gone a year without a decent fry up aborad, am eager to trade it for anything or from experience try one bite and decide to just leave the stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Already taken dazzer :lolol: And keep those bloody tinned tomatoes away from me too!

I'm totally with you both on tinned tomatoes. The worst bit is the not the tomatoes themselves but the juice which infiltrates everything on the plate.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here