Votes: 168 74.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 25.7%

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take it you have tried the black pudding from Garlic Wood Farms that I gave you on Saturday:flypig:

Not yet. I'm saving it for my birthday breakfast. But looking at it longingly in my fridge this morning inspired this thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I dream of Scottish breakfasts at B&B in Pittlichrie, with black pudding, white pudding and haggis, oh my days!

Scottish breakfasts are great, a mate of mine is a chef and lives in Edinburgh. Whenever I stay with him I am treated to a fantastic Scottish breakfast that blows any full English out of the water.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Square sausage :drool:

Lorne up in Scotland. in a Tesco outside Glasgow i saw two whole cabinets dedicated to this "delicacy". think it was about 30-40% meat.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
oh yes .....black pudding smashed over a bit of thick fried bread with some fried tomato and eggs on the side , obviously the obligatory rasher or three , some shrooms and a large spoon of baked beans .......oh go on then , i'll have an irish breakfast sausage as well and a bucket of tea....:thumbsup:

try playing golf after that lot ....no chance.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Good black pudding is great but cheap stuff is horrible. I prefer white pudding from my local butcher though.

Yep, white pudding is delicious. Morrisons sell lovely white pudding. Slice it and fry it, don't grill it.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Stornaway and Clonakilty :drool:

We were staying on Harris last week and we drove up to Stornoway and saw the butcher's shop (McLeod's) where the world's finest black pudding comes from. Felt a bit like I imagine a trip to Mecca would feel if I had a slightly different belief system/set of priorities.

FWIW, other Scottish breakfast observations:

Square sausage: potentially lovely, but more often lurid pink and hideous
Haggis - obviously
Tattie scone - yes please (though don't tell anyone here that I probably prefer a hash brown - or ideally one of each)
Red/white/fruit puddings - all vile. Rarely found in a Scottish breakfast without forewarning these days, which is quite right.

I'm also a fan, for aesthetic reasons more than anything, of the "black and slicing" - square sausage formed around a length of black pudding so each slice has a nugget of BP in the middle, like the hard boiled egg in a gala pie.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I do like black pudding, but it's not something I miss too much if it's not part of a full English.

It's hard to find here, but it did feature on the breakfast I had in the pub watching the match last Saturday :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Love it.

Quite often an English breakfast doesn't come with it and it's an extra i'm willing to pay for.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Absolutely love it either in a fry up or savory with scallops or as a scotch egg.....well basically any way it might be offered actually!!

Usually knock up a low carb breakfast Frittata to take to work and always sling some in along with obv some smoked bacon and top quality chipolatas(Brighton Saussage Co nomnom!).

Reminds me I need to pick up another batch of BP and chipolatas actually!!

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Love it, but always manage to burn it. Best left to those who know how to cook.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
If you are a lover of Black Pudding, get yourself to Bury Market next time you are watching us away in the North West. "One" of the alleged birthplaces of the afore mentioned delicacy and as good as it gets.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Hate the idea of the stuff, but absolutely love the reality. No proper cooked breakfast is complete without it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Love it! No fry up is complete without one. Excellent with scallops too and a little bit, crisped and crumbled, can add texture to many a meaty wintery dish. Lentils, black pudding and shallots with duck leg for example, *drool*

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here