Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our result v Leicester relative to our result v Man City

How will our result against Leicester compare to the result against Manchester City?

• Better (win, draw or 1 goal defeat)

Votes: 84 66.7%
  • The same (2 goal defeat)

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • Worse (3 or more goal defeat)

Votes: 15 11.9%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I guess Leicester aren't going to leave 4 players back all game, comfortable in the knowledge they can beat us with just 7 men.
That and the fact Schmeichel is shitehouse might help.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im hopeful of a result, but in reality its Leicester's first home game of a new season, they will be up for it and lets not forget we champions 12 months ago.

I think our tactics will be similar as to those against Man City, we can't leave any space in behind, just hoping we will pick up more possesion and on the back of that have a bit more going forward to nick something.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
1-4 away 3-1 at home last time we met in their 102 point season in the championship , we have a better squad this time around so have they , 1st 3 points of the season , I never think we will lose to anybody , hence my poor record in the prediction league :)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
If Izqueirdo or that type of player was available - pace to burn - then I'd back us to get something.

As it is any attempt by us to be expansive will be punished.

The set up for the next two games will give us insight into CH intentions/ambition this season.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think we will have more time is this game and be able to 'play our game'. We were pinned back by City but Leicester play on the Counter so cant see them pinning us back which will allow us to pass and move without fear. I think we could be in for a shock away win. 1-2

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have long had this horrible feeling that Saturday's "easier" game against Leicester is going to see us pick up a worse result than the one v Manchester City.

What do you think?

Entirely agree with this. I didn't, but then I watched Arsenal v Leicester. Leicester were immense. Much more directly threatening than Man City actually. Arguably it is a tougher test for our defence. I think Man City made it a little easy in a way. Our defence is at its best when it is allowed to stay in a formation, and we did that well for much of the game. Leicester play totally differently and pull us all over the place. Some will argue we have more chance of scoring. Maybe that's true, but lets face it Hughton teams don't go away to score goals. They go away to stay in matches and then maybe have a go late on. I predict a 3-0 thumping.

I'd also add Watford are no pushovers either and present a similar threat to Leicester. We could conceivably wait some time for our first point this season.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It feels like we could be in big trouble in this game with lack of squad to choose from. We weren't exactly brilliant away last season and we are not good Vs teams that run at us.

I fear things will get worse before better

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I believe Leicester are in a different League (Mini league of 8 top teams) to us.
I will only expect us to pick up points against teams in our league (Mini League of 12 very even clubs) .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm genuinely not sure but have optimistically voted for a better result. Both teams like to play on the break so the tactics will be interesting. The onus will be on Leicester to attack us but I believe we'll get more shots and possession than Saturday. If we do then anything's possible.

Leicester looked very tasty going forwards against Arsenal but that was against a team with it's defenders all out of position playing a new formation.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We lose six games on the trot I wonder if our wonderful board will be equally as patient?

well they will need to lash 90-100 mill on three or 4 quality players if they ain't feeling patient.....they've been patient enough waiting for signings in the off season ffs.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
For those saying this will be harder than Man City, really?

Leicester are odds-on to win, so that is the most likely result, BUT:

- they love to play on the counter, so I'm sure CH will enforce the same tactics and look to frustrate them. Don't expect an exciting or open game, at least first half.
- they are vulnerable down their right because Mahrez doesn't track back, so if Solly can break and Suttner bust a gut to get beyond him then we have a route to creating chances
- they are also a relatively small side and the stats suggest vulnerable at set plays. Another route to a goal.
- Knocky will probably start against his old team, he will be seriously up for it
- we have 3,300 going and a good corner 'wedge' to make plenty of noise: if you are going, get behind them. The home stands are not sold out.

So, on balance I have gone for 2-1 Leicester in the score predictor, but expect it to be much closer than the Man City game.

PG

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Leicester at home still use 'clackers', aka those ridiculous cardboard noisy things from the play offs a couple of years back...Surely that gives us an advantage?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I think we'll do ok and probably get a point if we play well BUT this is how it is these first three games are going to be a bigger struggle due to the window being open etc. We need to be confident we can make up the 3 game gap between us a teams like Hudders who have done their business when we play the crap sides.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I agree, I think we're going to lose 0-3. It's going to take a while to get used to this level. I'm sure our wonderful fans will be patient and understand this.

I think we'll lose 2-0 but I agree with your sentiment. And I know the last sentence was said more in hope than expectation; if we lose I'm fully expecting some Doom and Gloom and 'we should be beating teams like Leicester' posts. Not a lot, just a few straws in the wind..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think we'll lose 2-0 but I agree with your sentiment. And I know the last sentence was said more in hope than expectation; if we lose I'm fully expecting some Doom and Gloom and 'we should be beating teams like Leicester' posts. Not a lot, just a few straws in the wind..

It was actually meant in a snidey, sarcastic kind of way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here