Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** NFL Fantasy Football 2017 ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dynasty League is tighter than a ducks ********.

Another piss poor showing in the regular league. Going to be making some big changes next year, think I'm going to move the regular league down to 12 and make it a PPR league to add to the fun.

Dynasty is up in the air, I'll see if there is much demand for it going forward. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

Sorry what’s PPR?

Love the whole thing thanks again for running it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Dynasty League is tighter than a ducks ********.

Another piss poor showing in the regular league. Going to be making some big changes next year, think I'm going to move the regular league down to 12 and make it a PPR league to add to the fun.

Dynasty is up in the air, I'll see if there is much demand for it going forward. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

I'm definitely keen on continuing in both leagues.

The regular league has been a bit of a disaster for me i was predicted to go 12-1, and was 1-5 when Rodgers got injured.

A bit of a revival followed and i was back to 6-6 with an outside chance of making the play-offs, and i lose my QB (Tyrod Taylor, who had been having a shocker anyway) in the 4th quarter with just 3.8 points on the board, meaning i lost the match up by just under 5 points and with it, a top 8 finish.

Not too much difference in the QB scoring in this match up, Taylor with only 3.8 points vs Alex Smith with 45.64 points :lol:

Dynasty League is down to the final round of games, it's going to the wire so i definitely hope we can continue it next year as it's been competitive - Good luck to everyone involved

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Sorry what’s PPR?

PPR = Point per reception. So as well as the normal scoring method (yards gained, TD's, etc) a point is awarded for each reception they have made too.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Sorry what’s PPR?

PPR stands for points per reception. Basically everytime a receiver or running back catches a pass they earn a point, it makes games higher scoring and adds a new layer of strategy to it, making players like Theo Riddick for example has a totally new value in PPR. I joined a league at my work that is PPR and it is even more entertaining imo.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Definitely in again next year, as it is or PPR, thanks again for running this, looking forward to my Quarter Final v Geno 911, looks like a tight one!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Dynasty League is down to the final round of games, it's going to the wire so i definitely hope we can continue it next year as it's been competitive - Good luck to everyone involved

Do you know if there is any scope for expanding the dynasty league if people were interested? I can't really see how that would work.

With 8, it seems that the quality that is always available on the wire negates some of the purpose of a being a dynasty league. If it is 8 again, I'll probably give it a miss next year.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If we're on changes for next year, can we get rid of kickers? It's a total crap shoot. I've got the 3rd ranked kicker so this isn't coming from a place of bitterness!

Another league I'm in runs the TE spot as TE/WR flex, which is quite interesting.

I thought the change to 3 WR + flex this year was a great addition by the way. It slightly evens up the imbalance between RB and WR value.

I've never played PPR before but in theory it's going to increase the number of usable running backs, which I think is a good thing.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If we're on changes for next year, can we get rid of kickers? It's a total crap shoot. I've got the 3rd ranked kicker so this isn't coming from a place of bitterness!

Another league I'm in runs the TE spot as TE/WR flex, which is quite interesting.

I thought the change to 3 WR + flex this year was a great addition by the way. It slightly evens up the imbalance between RB and WR value.

I've never played PPR before but in theory it's going to increase the number of usable running backs, which I think is a good thing.

Don’t agree re kickers, they’re part of the team, so whats the problem? [emoji2]

Agree re TE and WR.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Don’t agree re kickers, they’re part of the team, so whats the problem? [emoji2]

Agree re TE and WR.

Because there is very little skill in picking a kicker and whilst it is possible to anticipate the top scoring kickers over the course of a season their week to week volatility makes it far more about luck than other positions.

I never draft a kicker and always manage to pick up a top 5 guy. I just don't get the point, it's boring.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Because there is very little skill in picking a kicker and whilst it is possible to anticipate the top scoring kickers over the course of a season their week to week volatility makes it far more about luck than other positions.

I never draft a kicker and always manage to pick up a top 5 guy. I just don't get the point, it's boring.

Okay, we’ll have to disagree, they are part of the team, so should be included IMO.

Unless you have special team instead of kicker, but it captures Kick returns as well.

I like the defence option within the fantasy team as well, picking a DL, LB and DB.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
I'm in the Dynasty and love it (even got rid of Aaron cos I knee jerked lol)

Any format/changes suit me, it started as a bit of fun but now it consumes an hour a day and even more on a Sunday. I joined 2 standard NFL leagues and tbh after a couple of weeks a number of players gave up so not half as entertaining as the Dynasty (which is fascinating this year imho)

Keep up the good work - I'll support whatever :)

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do you know if there is any scope for expanding the dynasty league if people were interested? I can't really see how that would work.

With 8, it seems that the quality that is always available on the wire negates some of the purpose of a being a dynasty league. If it is 8 again, I'll probably give it a miss next year.

I don't know, would be good to get back up to 10 teams but i don't know how it would / could work as the new teams would be seriously disadvantaged because they will be starting from scratch when a lot of the top players will have already been snapped up, leaving mainly rookies and those that are less desirable for them to generate a team from (although if they did start next season, it might eventually adjust itself as players retire and others come to the fore, but will they have the patience)

Another alternative would possibly be to start it again, but this wouldn't really still be a dynasty league then as everyone would have a reset and potentially end up with very different line ups. Also there would be no guarantee that all the teams remain active with increased numbers

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Completely disagree - its about knowing the kicker, his percentages, how well the offence are likely to move the ball and put him in position and the defence playing against

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Have to keep kickers. For example, in one of my leagues someone took Justin Tucker in the 9th round. He's outscored a lot of rb's/wr's that could have been drafted at that time. However, at the same time I drafted a kicker in round 14 and picked up Marvin Jones in round 10 who so far is a top 10 receiver. So there is reward in both strategies.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Have to keep kickers. For example, in one of my leagues someone took Justin Tucker in the 9th round. He's outscored a lot of rb's/wr's that could have been drafted at that time. However, at the same time I drafted a kicker in round 14 and picked up Marvin Jones in round 10 who so far is a top 10 receiver. So there is reward in both strategies.

But it doesn't really matter how he does vs other positions. It's about how much better he does than the first kicker not drafted, which usually averages out at around 2 or 2.5 points per game every year. Justin Tucker is currently the 5th ranked kicker with 114.00 points, the 15th ranked kicker (i.e the first undrafted kicker in a 14 team league) Cantanzaro has 94.00 points. It's a difference of less than two points a game. Let's not get too technical on kickers, you pick one attached to an offence you think will be high scoring (which is why Zuerlein is top at the moment, quite a way ahead of Tucker.) If you didn't get Zuerlien (and I can't imagine anyone drafted him) the difference between the kicker you have and the best available on the wire is at best 2 points per game, which if you could be arsed could be offset by streaming kickers (generally picking ones that have games against poor defences.)

If fantasy was all about just having the top scoring players the whole first round would be quarterbacks. It isn't because the difference between the top quarterback and the first one available on the wire isn't anywhere near the equivalent for running backs. Positions where there are negligible differences between top end guys and what is on the wire are basically pointless. I never draft a kicker as it's bettter to take a WR or RB that could benefit from pre season injury and I pick one up on Free Agency in the days before the season starts. I have Will Lutz this year in most of my leagues who is currently K3 and on one of the most high powered offences in the league. Others will have got lucky in picking up Zuerlin who at 60 points above the K15 is about the only kicker worth the effort this year.

Marvin Jones and Adam Theilen are great examples of what I'm talking about. They have been worth around 5ppg against the best available on the wire this year. Any kicker taken in the same range (which they were) the maximum value you can extract is around 2ppg.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't know, would be good to get back up to 10 teams but i don't know how it would / could work as the new teams would be seriously disadvantaged because they will be starting from scratch when a lot of the top players will have already been snapped up, leaving mainly rookies and those that are less desirable for them to generate a team from (although if they did start next season, it might eventually adjust itself as players retire and others come to the fore, but will they have the patience)

Another alternative would possibly be to start it again, but this wouldn't really still be a dynasty league then as everyone would have a reset and potentially end up with very different line ups. Also there would be no guarantee that all the teams remain active with increased numbers

Yeah I was wondering if the NFL.com had a package that had a fairish expansion draft. Clearly that would be next to impossible. Something like this would be a very big headache - https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2016/01/13/expanding-your-dynasty-league/

Starting again is probably less desirable than an 8 team league and if you end up losing a few people again you are back where you are now. The way I see it a dynasty league should have a really thin wire and the draft really forces you to really bone up on rookies outside the obvious ones. In this league guys like David Njoku, Corey Davis and Mike Williams, first round picks and likely future stars, are unattached.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here