Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the loyalty scheme now mean that the away fans club are a closed shop?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was bored one evening and thought about this and worked through it. I concluded that as long as season tickets eventually become zero/negligible points it is possible. I'll find my arithmetic and report back.

Yes please do, I'd be interested to see that.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
However whilst in the other scheme it was possible for a relatively new season ticket holder to break into the club I am struggling to see how a relatively newer season ticket holder will ever get there all the time we are in the Premier League.
So?

With allocations always limited at 3,000, and a seemingly high demand from those currently in the high points, how can someone in the third tier of points ever get into the first or second tier. It just isn't possible is it?
No.

So is that it, closed shop? Lovely for those in it, but rubbish for those just outside.
What alternative do you suggest? Tell those that have previously supported the club that they can't go because we have new fans now?

Unlike you, I'm not in the top tier, I'm closer to the bottom. This is a pain, as my daughter really wants to go to an away game, and I don't know how we'll get tickets. But that's life, we don't deserve them compared to those that support the club more.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They appeared to, but there are still 5 Leicester tickets available right now! Watford was available into the 188 tier and may have even been available for the members only on +12.

75 Watford tickets made it into the third tier I think. Don't think any went any further.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
For some matches demand>supply and so it will be a closed shop. That's the case for many clubs in the EPL and has been for many years.

If we survive in this division I suspect things will even out a bit, it certainly did the last time we were in the top flight, and as recently as 15 months ago we couldn't even sell our allocation for the playoff game at Wednesday.

What will be disappointing is if fans buy tickets purely to mine loyalty points and we are left with gaps in the away end. It will make our support look a bit tin pot and the team need as much verbal support away as possible.

I can't see it being a major issue though as most who are in the top tranche of away fans will be those who tend to go home and away regardless of the opponent or division in which we play.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As a ST holder I couldn't get a ticket due to a lack of points. I went to four away games last year and I've been a ST holder again since returning to the area a few years back. The people I go with who have been ST holders for much longer due to them always being in the area couldn't get them either due to a lack of points.

You can still get a ticket now!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
What will be disappointing is if fans buy tickets purely to mine loyalty points...

I saw something (on here? Club PR?) about the club wanting to minimise mining, so a couple of weeks ago, I had another look through the new LP T&Cs and spotted this:

"... you will then be credited points for the additional matches that you purchase and attend." My emphasis. http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

They're clearly teeing up the possibility of tracking which tickets get used. Whether the club will actually be bothered to track usage at home cup games (easy enough, I suspect), or at away games (harder, given they'd need the permission of the away club(s) to get the data from their turnstiles) is another matter; but they're obviously at least aware of the mining issue.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Really, they are not showing on the website.

This was 2 minutes ago.

Leicester.png

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
People are moaning about Bournemouth but 3 years ago when we played there under hyppia on a Saturday evening and we were fighting relagation we didn't even fill the away end? While I understand young fans may not have been old enough, but I'm 20 and I have enough points for the game in a few weeks and I went to the away game under hyppia, I'm struggling to see the issue?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I saw something (on here? Club PR?) about the club wanting to minimise mining, so a couple of weeks ago, I had another look through the new LP T&Cs and spotted this:

"... you will then be credited points for the additional matches that you purchase and attend." My emphasis. http://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/LoyaltyPoints.pdf

They're clearly teeing up the possibility of tracking which tickets get used. Whether the club will actually be bothered to track usage at home cup games (easy enough, I suspect), or at away games (harder, given they'd need the permission of the away club(s) to get the data from their turnstiles) is another matter; but they're obviously at least aware of the mining issue.

Maybe, I can't remember if loyalty points were added at time of sale last season, but mine aren't showing for Leicester or the cup game yet.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

You'll be easy enough to spot with your bobble hat and thermos flask I suspect.

Regards

Bushy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here