Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izquierdo work permit.?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always thought the major criteria on all applications football or otherwise was whether or not similar were available in this country already but PB seems to think it will be ok.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Is tomorrow's hearing with the football panel which would issue a "GBE" (governing body endorsement) or with the home office for the issue of a visa and work permit.?

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
May not be quiet the certainty I thought at first - i.e. in terms of meeting the automatic criteria, with only 3 caps for Colombia he is well short of the 30% of matches required for over 21 year olds. But once it goes to a panel I'm sure common sense will prevail. It seems everything is taken into account, and his goals in Belgium and his golden boot award in particular surely show is above average in terms of players available.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
We are still part of the EU so as the player was probably granted a work permit to play in Belgium, should there be a problem obtaining one for him to play here? Under EU laws can his permit granted in Belgium not be used in this country as well?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
We are still part of the EU so as the player was probably granted a work permit to play in Belgium, should there be a problem obtaining one for him to play here? Under EU laws can his permit granted in Belgium not be used in this country as well?

Does seem stupid, but it appears not!

I can't see any problem with him being granted a working visa, especially as a fellow EU country has done just that.

I'm sure all the relevant pre-checks have been signed off by our expensive lawyers. If not BARBER OUT!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Does seem stupid, but it appears not!

I can't see any problem with him being granted a working visa, especially as a fellow EU country has done just that.

I'm sure all the relevant pre-checks have been signed off by our expensive lawyers. If not BARBER OUT!

Didn't over half the people vote not to be 'fellow's' with EU countries anymore?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Where did you hear that?

All transfers (or registrations) of players who last played in a country/region covered by a different FA require international clearance (even at non-league level, and even including Scotland and Wales - Beram Kayal's transfer required international clearance).

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
All transfers (or registrations) of players who last played in a country/region covered by a different FA require international clearance (even at non-league level, and even including Scotland and Wales - Beram Kayal's transfer required international clearance).

Could that be sought concurrently subject to a work visa being granted? Or can you only apply after a work visa has been issued?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here