Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Under-rated in my opinion. Can look ungainly but always comes away with the ball. Give him a run in the team to boost his confidence and I think you'll have got yourselves a very good player.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Cracker of a goal, and tbf anybody who scores v swindon is in my good books ��

Sounds like we can do better than him though, we need a battler in midfield.

Is Sam Baldock going to be in your plans this season btw? We need a championship experienced striker ��

Ince is a battler - Baldock very much in plans and missed on Saturday but as usual he is injured

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you play nine games in a division, and you are the best player on the pitch in EIGHT of them, do you think that shows that:

a. That is your level.

b. You are far too good for that level.

Think before answering.

What is best to be a big fish in a small pool or a small fish in a big pool assuming there was not much difference in wages etc. I know which I would prefer.

In a League One side he will get regular starts and excel most weeks. In a Championship side he could well become a bit player again.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
What is best to be a big fish in a small pool or a small fish in a big pool assuming there was not much difference in wages etc. I know which I would prefer.

I'm sure he'd like to play at the highest level he can, and I suspect that the difference in attitude is why Rohan has made it as a professional footballer and others are sat at home writing snide comments on the internet.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Get it right I do not hate him just cannot see what people rave over him about as he has very limited ability to play at Championship level. As you said in 9 games at Swindon he was MOM in 8 what div were they in? I rest my case. Top end of League One club would be his best loan.

You are just so, so, so clueless. The ultimate proof that there is no significant correlation between amount of posts posted and level of intelligence/insight.

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
Ince is a battler - Baldock very much in plans and missed on Saturday but as usual he is injured

Ah right, was hoping we might have a chance of getting him back ��

Getting mixed views on ince but we showed on saturday we needed someone who could dominate the midfield vieria esq so hopefully if he does sign he can be the one to do that

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Is Sam Baldock going to be in your plans this season btw? We need a championship experienced striker ��

My friend, you are welcome to both of them.

And I would say that if we were still in the Championship. They're not top end players and they've been overtaken by our squad. I wouldn't have either of them in or around the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

And I would say that if we were still in the Championship. They're not top end players and they've been overtaken by our squad. I wouldn't have either of them in or around the club.

You are not allowed to say that as you will be deemed clueless. I dont entirely agree about Baldock though as I think if fit he could have a part to play, but thats a big if.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If you play a 3 man midfield then Rohan will be mustard for you. He has all the attributes to be a top end Championship player, imho. He's a poundland Patrick Viera, but I mean that with all the respect possible. He breaks up play, carries the ball forward & has a decent range of passing on him. He's not without his flaws, he's too limited to play in a midfield two, he has lapses of concentration, his first touch can be sporadic and he's not good enough in the air for a man of his height. However if he didn't have those flaws then we wouldn't be letting him go.

I'd much rather have him than Oliver Norwood who cost us north of £2m, and has gone to promotion chasing Fulham.

:shrug:

albionite

May 20, 2009
You are not allowed to say that as you will be deemed clueless. I dont entirely agree about Baldock though as I think if fit he could have a part to play, but thats a big if.

Come on BG for a former football scout you are pretty clueless( but amusing) , the 59k odd posts have confirmed that.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If you play a 3 man midfield then Rohan will be mustard for you. He has all the attributes to be a top end Championship player, imho. He's a poundland Patrick Viera, but I mean that with all the respect possible. He breaks up play, carries the ball forward & has a decent range of passing on him. He's not without his flaws, he's too limited to play in a midfield two, he has lapses of concentration, his first touch can be sporadic and he's not good enough in the air for a man of his height. However if he didn't have those flaws then we wouldn't be letting him go.

I'd much rather have him than Oliver Norwood who cost us north of £2m, and has gone to promotion chasing Fulham.

:shrug:

You would prefer Rohan Ince to Oliver Norwood! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Your goal is to scrape Championship survival, presumably.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That could be a fair comment if Bristol City were planning to spend around £40m in an attempt to gain promotion.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You would prefer Rohan Ince to Oliver Norwood! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Your goal is to scrape Championship survival, presumably.

Ince was a regular for us under Poyet when we were a Championship play off team. That wasn't scraping for survival.

As others have said, in the right set up Ince is a very decent Championship player.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Premier League physique but League One technical ability. He can absolutly boss the midfield physically but you don't want him as your main player in terms of distribution. Good in a 3 man midfield as can maximise his strengths and leave the technical stuff to more gifted players.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Seeming you'd take the Silver Medal in the "knows f*ck all about football" Olympics, I'm fairly happy you disagree with my point of view.

BensGrandad sweeping first, obviously.

You would prefer to play Ince over Norwood, so your opinion doesn't appear to have much basis in reality. You can throw your abuse around as much as you want pal, but there's a reason that Norwood has played regular football in the top half of the Championship for a few years and Rohan Ince can't get a game above a relegation scrap in League 1. I've nothing against the man, he's just not a particularly good player. He benefited from our having no better option at the time he was a first choice.

And again, he and JFC were lucky to have such a good defence behind them and Keith Andrews to support them.

That could be a fair comment if Bristol City were planning to spend around £40m in an attempt to gain promotion.

Well, with a bit of luck they are. And they might be prepared to pay a fee of both of them!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ince was a regular for us under Poyet when we were a Championship play off team. That wasn't scraping for survival.

As others have said, in the right set up Ince is a very decent Championship player.

It was Oscar Garcia, who had no other options. We fluked 6th and then got a spanking in the play-offs.

That team was formed of Kuszczak, Bruno, Greer, Upson, Ward, Andrews and Ulloa. The problems were obvious even then, and it's no real surprise we were so weak the following season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know it is not an option but if it were who would you sooner have in the holding midfield role Ince or Bridcutt, I know where my vote goes without any contest.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looked like the next veira at one stage and to be fair he's one of those players that is capable of getting better and better if he puts a bit more focus into his game.I liked him but needs to kick himself up the arse :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here