Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've said it many times before, I'm sure he is a LOVELY bloke and I wish him all the best

But he really wasn't very good at football.

The epitome of height, strength and work ethic hiding a DISTINCT lack of footballing ability and the fans falling for it.

I can't think of any defensive midfielder I've seen where I've had less confidence he will either trap the ball, or find the man with a 15 yard pass.

Sorry.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The goal I saw him score the seagulls at Swindon in the league cup was one of the best goals I have seen live, in a lot of matches. He clearly has the talent, I doubt his temperament. But then three years ago the same could have been said about Dunk.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• Rohan 2.jpeg
    Rohan 2.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 405

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The goal I saw him score the seagulls at Swindon in the league cup was one of the best goals I have seen live, in a lot of matches. He clearly has the talent, I doubt his temperament. But then three years ago the same could have been said about Dunk.

I think that whole court case thing and his Father passing away affected him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He is only 24, but given he converted from centre half to defensive midfielder relatively late, he is still even younger really in that position, and imho will only get better. He showed enough glimpses of real quality in terms of getting about the pitch, that I think he's well worth a loan punt by a Championship club.

Will he become a top championship player? Maybe not, but I don't agree either that he is no where near good enough for the Championship, he has the potential to still surprise a few people.
Exactly - and this is surely about the right answer to give to the OP's question - 'Is he any good?' Yes, he might be, so worth a punt on a half season loan with a view to buy in January if he does well.

Oct 25, 2003
in his debut season under Garcia he had a great time in a 3 man midfield with quite experienced midfielders around him and experienced centre backs behind him. He's an absolute unit and is quick. He DOES make mistakes though which I guess you expect from a youngster and stuff like his positioning, passing and general reading of a game needs improving which will only come with game time. There's a hell of a lot of potential there though which mainly comes from his physical attributes if he can work on his weaknesses with good coaching. Hughton was never keen as he likes to play a 4-4-2 which Ince never looked comfortable in and didn't have the discipline required from a Hughton team.

he'd be a useful player in most Championship sides given some game time and patience as he will make mistakes- he'd need to be alongside experienced midfielders really as they can guide him and mop up his errors

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Scoring a worldy doesn't mean you've got the talent to make it at the top. Hell, I once scored something similar down Janes Lane in Burgess Hill!

He's very fortunate that he has the talent to play professional football, but it's going to need to be in a place that (hopefully) Albion will not be playing in for a long time.

I wish him well, because I'm sure that'll he'll be able to make a good career out of football.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was around my sons earlier and he was on a site, dont know which one, that suggested QPR are preparing a £4m bid for Rohan Ince I know that transfer fees have gone stupid but yes please. For that amount even I would say he was a good player and worth every penny.

I must admit I did laugh though

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was around my sons earlier and he was on a site, dont know which one, that suggested QPR are preparing a £4m bid for Rohan Ince I know that transfer fees have gone stupid but yes please. For that amount even I would say he was a good player and worth every penny

They couldn't afford £2m for LuaLua so I doubt they've found 4 !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hi all

Training with us apparently, is he any good?

Unlucky with your first game btw, you looked good in spells, think you have enough quality to stay up and push on to mid table and beyond!

He's a cracking player at Championship level playing in the right role. He was our great hope at one time but fell out of favour and sadly missed his chance to shine. His temperament is spot on though and you'll be hard pushed to find a Brighton fan with a bad word to say about him.

Regards our chances, survival is the name of the game this season I think. I can't see us reaching mid-table mediocrity just yet. Best of luck with your season. Was v.impressed with City last season and I've said elsewhere that if you'd had a decent defence you'd have been top 10. I've tipped you as the Championship dark horses this time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here