Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I always liked him but then he went to school with my Grandson so have always been biased. Wish him well. He is making a living as a professional footballer so, for me, he is living the dream.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Now supposedly trialling at Charlton in League One with a view to a contract

Possibly surprising given he flopped at Bury last year at the same level, however was Swindon's star player the year before. The Swindon fans desperately want him back again now he's a free agent.

Pity it didn't work out for Rohan, wish him all the best.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Having done well at Swindon l can't believe his failure to perform at Bury was purely down to footballing rasons. I hope he can cut the mustard at Charlton, a nice lad and l wish him all the best.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Charlton to recreate the Sami era centre midfield of Rohan and Jake FC? What's Gary Gardner up to?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Agreed. Hardly "ludicrous hyperbole". Just wasn't very good, and that's ok. No horrific slander, sure he's a lovely fella.

He had moments he shone to be honest. He was flittingly impressive. Perhaps his self confidence or belief has held him back, or he just peaked for a short period of time. He just doesn't fit into our normal expectation of how a player develops. Just because he is failing to impress now doesn't mean it has always been so, or will continue to be. I still think there is a decent player in there, but he needs everything to fall into place at the same time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He had moments he shone to be honest. He was flittingly impressive. Perhaps his self confidence or belief has held him back, or he just peaked for a short period of time. He just doesn't fit into our normal expectation of how a player develops. Just because he is failing to impress now doesn't mean it has always been so, or will continue to be. I still think there is a decent player in there, but he needs everything to fall into place at the same time.

I think the person who converted Rohan from a centre back to a midfielder should be shot to be honest. I saw him play the odd game in his old position, and in each he was tall, strong, and a commanding influence.

He may well have looked like the next Patrick Viera with the long stride and gangly legs of his, but sadly that turned out to be far from the case.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the person who converted Rohan from a centre back to a midfielder should be shot to be honest. I saw him play the odd game in his old position, and in each he was tall, strong, and a commanding influence.

He may well have looked like the next Patrick Viera with the long stride and gangly legs of his, but sadly that turned out to be far from the case.

Maybe. I saw him play at centre-back in a pre-season friendly under (Oscar Garcia's first game), and he was a massive liability. He looked significantly better in midfield IMO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think he had certain raw attributes - pace and power, for two. However, for me his first touch was crippingly bad, as evidenced by the fact his second touch would often be a tackle (which he would win, getting applause that would baffle me, given it was his error in the first place that led to the tackle being needed).

I think he could do well at Champ/League 1 level with the right CM alongside him (think him and Bridcutt could've complemented each other very well given time together) however I think his first touch is just too poor for a higher level.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think he had certain raw attributes - pace and power, for two. However, for me his first touch was crippingly bad, as evidenced by the fact his second touch would often be a tackle (which he would win, getting applause that would baffle me, given it was his error in the first place that led to the tackle being needed).

I think he could do well at Champ/League 1 level with the right CM alongside him (think him and Bridcutt could've complemented each other very well given time together) however I think his first touch is just too poor for a higher level.

You missed out his heading technique - probably the worst I've seen from ANY pro footballer!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

He cant head a ball for shit, the move to midfield created him a career.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought completely the opposite, was a capable midfielder.

Can’t easily forget that tackle on Sanchez in the FA Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here