Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thai Food

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Thai Street Food in Worthing is superb. Love her to bits, owner Yamin is nuts. Great night out, combine with a few in Anchored before hand.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't rate them at all. They are sweet based ie coconut. If you have a sweet tooth then you should be fine. Nothing beats a hot Indian curry.

So wrong, but it is a palate thing. I agree the curries aren't great, but not sweet at all, again, probably a difference in taste. Coconut based food is just fantastic, I love it. I am from a Burmese background so very close to Thai food. Try the noodle dishes, they are so good. Plenty of lemon, although lemon grass in food can be a pain. Thai food is excellent, although I do agree, give me a ruby over Thai any day.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Didn't really rate kemp thai that much. It's not bad but I've had much better in this country.

Thai brasserie opposite the town hall is much better, but not sure if they do take away.

If it's your first time trying it I would stay safe and order a Pad Thai a Red curry and rice and share it all between you.

Thai vs Indian vs Chinese is a silly argument. They're all very different and each had it's own merits.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Didn't really rate kemp thai that much. It's not bad but I've had much better in this country.

Thai brasserie opposite the town hall is much better, but not sure if they do take away.

If it's your first time trying it I would stay safe and order a Pad Thai a Red curry and rice and share it all between you.

Thai vs Indian vs Chinese is a silly argument. They're all very different and each had it's own merits.

Lemongrass in Crawley is great.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Actually work for the Brighton branch so obv but biased but Kempthai is up there with one of the nicest in Brighton(obv not the best but not far off!!).

As above I dnot actually like Thai curries as find them too runny and would much prefer a thick Indian curry!!

Best dishes from Kempthai imo are in no particular order:

Pad Thai
Moo Grob
Laab Gai
Som Tum
Yum Nam Tok
Thai Fried Rice

Starters are alright with the Salt and Pepper Squid being lovely along with good old Chicken Satay.

Enjoy and again as above what can u loose trying it once?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Actually work for the Brighton branch so obv but biased but Kempthai is up there with one of the nicest in Brighton(obv not the best but not far off!!).

As above I dnot actually like Thai curries as find them too runny and would much prefer a thick Indian curry!!

Best dishes from Kempthai imo are in no particular order:

Pad Thai
Moo Grob
Laab Gai
Som Tum
Yum Nam Tok
Thai Fried Rice

Starters are alright with the Salt and Pepper Squid being lovely along with good old Chicken Satay.

Enjoy and again as above what can u loose trying it once?

I'll definitely have the moo grob :moo:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Love Indian & Chinese and most of us know the dishes well enough to order what you want from the menu and know what you are getting.
With Thai if you are not a regular consumer you must carefully read the menu to see the ingredients or you may be dissapointed or in the toilet. Ask the waiter what you want and ask them to calm down on the chilli, they should always oblige. I love Thai but still spend ages scanning the menu.
We have a great street food stall down here and some great Thai restaurants.
One of the best I have had though was in Eastbourne, can't remember the name but it was not far from the station.
Also Malaysian food is delicious. See also Sri Lankan fish curries.
Luckily I adore coconut.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
If it's the same as Baan Thai in Peacehaven it's the worst I've ever had and probably designed for the English pallette. No spice or fish sauce, lots of sugar. Erawan in lewes is excellent.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love Indian & Chinese and most of us know the dishes well enough to order what you want from the menu and know what you are getting.
With Thai if you are not a regular consumer you must carefully read the menu to see the ingredients or you may be dissapointed or in the toilet. Ask the waiter what you want and ask them to calm down on the chilli, they should always oblige. I love Thai but still spend ages scanning the menu.
We have a great street food stall down here and some great Thai restaurants.
One of the best I have had though was in Eastbourne, can't remember the name but it was not far from the station.
Also Malaysian food is delicious. See also Sri Lankan fish curries.
Luckily I adore coconut.

So do I, coconut tastes scrumptious.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
If it's the same as Baan Thai in Peacehaven it's the worst I've ever had and probably designed for the English pallette. No spice or fish sauce, lots of sugar. Erawan in lewes is excellent.

Erawan is very good, just don't expect much elbow room.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not been to the takeaway yet BG but have been to Lemongrass on the Broadway many times.

Don't be fooled by the post suggesting Thai food is all sweet, or coconut based. Not a big fan of coconut here, and I love Thai food. I find it lighter than Chinese for whatever reason. Yes, it can be hot, but that very much depends on the dishes, and is usually indicated on the menus. It certainly is at Lemongrass. You should give that a go.

Failing that, if you get the takeaway, let me know what it's like...

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Tried the Lemongrass in Burgess Hill on Friday evening. Absolutely top draw and now my overseas cuisine of choice. I had the Thai Green curry (a little more spicy than the red curry). Had a side dish of phadmee (?) noodles and shared a 'sticky rice'. Yum yum. Will be returning. They also do a take-away menu but don't know if that's any cheaper

Well worth a visit

Not to be confused with Lemongrass in Haywards Heath which is very good also, same name but no connection I believe.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Shocking! When I make my own Green Curry I use a good paste but always add a splash of Nam Pla and a dessert spoon of sugar, it makes a big difference. I prefer it with Prawns, those raw jumbo jobbies £10 for 3 packs in Farmfoods.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here