By george, I think we've got it.

It sounded bloody excellent.

[tweet]896408925301596160[/tweet]

People are even singing 'you may tell them all that we stand or fall' :ohmy:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
MOST are singing the correct words. I still do a British glare and tut at the fans around me who cannot get it right,

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Norman Wisdom famously re-wrote the lyrics to Brighton and Hove Albion's anthem, Sussex by the Sea, and was regularly on the pitch at The Goldstone Ground singing it and whipping the crowd into a frezy before kick off.

Oh we`re the team from Brighton
Hove by jove thats us
We`re always fair we never swear
But now its sh*t or bust
So shout you fans let`s hear you roar
Clap your hands until we score
For we`re going up to win the cup

Read more: http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=520618#ixzz4pjtCXGCe

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Almost. Still not singing the first line of the chorus correctly though. It's 'Oh Sussex, Sussex By The Sea! Good Old Sussex By The Sea....."

This.

Even the feared warbler is prone to getting it wrong too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Norman Wisdom famously re-wrote the lyrics to Brighton and Hove Albion's anthem, Sussex by the Sea, and was regularly on the pitch at The Goldstone Ground singing it and whipping the crowd into a frezy before kick off.

Oh we`re the team from Brighton
Hove by jove thats us
We`re always fair we never swear
But now its sh*t or bust
So shout you fans let`s hear you roar
Clap your hands until we score
For we`re going up to win the cup

Read more: http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=520618#ixzz4pjtCXGCe

That's fine, but if the rest of the song being sung is the original version, why would you defer to the line in the Wisdom version?

I thought it sounded excellent and also was pleased to hear 'stand or fall' and very little noise about going up to win the cup.

Before anyone chirps up I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but it kinda does to me a little bit :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
That's fine, but if the rest of the song being sung is the original version, why would you defer to the line in the Wisdom version?

I thought it sounded excellent and also was pleased to hear 'stand or fall' and very little noise about going up to win the cup.

Before anyone chirps up I know it doesn't REALLY matter, but it kinda does to me a little bit :thumbsup:

So at school we leant the original version, but when we were introduced to the altered version it was more fun and updated. Its the only line that stuck and I like it over the version we sung and played in the Salvation Army band. I am sure its cyclical and one day the kids will be singing the Wisdom line again. Hopefully it won't see me run out of town....

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I have always known it to be going up and win the cup. It is strange the new people coming in and changing the words.

Have any of you persistent "win the cup" singers ever noticed that massive "STAND OR FALL" banner at the back of the North Stand? It's the most important sentiment of the song, so why insist on leaving it out just because Norman Wisdom did a jokey version?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here