Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maty Ryan to the rescue!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but did anyone else see Maty come to the rescue for a poor fan in the North before the game?

It looked like a man had been taken ill, he obviously saw the stewards, got one of his bottles of water, and threw it up to him.

Nice touch, and a great start to his relationship with the fans.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Apologies if it's been mentioned already, but did anyone else see Maty come to the rescue for a poor fan in the North before the game?

It looked like a man had been taken ill, he obviously saw the stewards, got one of his bottles of water, and threw it up to him.

The bloke got smashed in the neck by a stray ball during the warm up, but yeah it was a nice touch by Maty!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Ah, didn't see that! I do find that I can't sit and totally relax reading a prog etc, for that very reason.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It looked like a man had been taken ill, he obviously saw the stewards, got one of his bottles of water, and threw it up to him..

Never saw that, but did see Vincent Kompany help himself to a water bottle off the Albion magic sponge bloke attending to the stricken Izzy Brown. Cheeky ****

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ah, didn't see that! I do find that I can't sit and totally relax reading a prog etc, for that very reason.

I'm not sure why they don't put nets up behind the main goal in the warm up as shots can be raining down.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Nice touch from Ryan.

Would have liked it if he'd come to DUNK's rescue, when Lewis nodded the soft header back to him in the game, though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

True. An even bertter way of cementing a good relationship with the Norst Stand faithful, would be to put in some sterling performances in goal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its just common sense. Is it not?
What, to dope your drinking bottles on the off chance that a player from the other side will take some? Seems a little bit spy thriller/Russian tactics to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of Russia's opposition at next year's WC have a bout of the squits, or suddenly fail drug tests.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
True. An even bertter way of cementing a good relationship with the Norst Stand faithful, would be to put in some sterling performances in goal.

I think Sterling would have a done a better job.

(It's a joooooke!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What, to dope your drinking bottles on the off chance that a player from the other side will take some? Seems a little bit spy thriller/Russian tactics to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of Russia's opposition at next year's WC have a bout of the squits, or suddenly fail drug tests.

Have you (can you) watch Icarus on Netflix?
T'is an award winning documentary film where events overtake the story.

If you can and think you might watch it, try and go for it without looking at it's synopsis.
All I'll say is it isn't the film about cycling that they intended to make.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am amazed a player would risk that to be honest. It would only take the team you took the bottle from to have something dodgy in it and, boom, doping ban.

Poison tips to umbrellas. I think that's how THEY got to Maclaren. His speech went funny soon after.

D

Deleted member 2719

The bloke got smashed in the neck by a stray ball during the warm up, but yeah it was a nice touch by Maty!

Are your sure it was a stray ball, i thought we were Premier league ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here