Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maty Ryan to the rescue!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't say he let us down , just think he's overrated . Have to remember he had a very solid defence in front of him .
Yeah I was especially impressed with our defense's penalty saves.
True, but he did cost us the title!
Are you sure that wasn't Murray and Baldock not combining to get us 2-0 up?

I'm not saying he was above the rest of our team, but he was a good keeper who helped us get promoted. He wasn't average, he played well through the season.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No way is/was Stockdale overrated. 20 odd clean sheets and however many penalty saves. He even pulled some good saves off for Birmingham at the weekend.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yeah I was especially impressed with our defense's penalty saves.
Are you sure that wasn't Murray and Baldock not combining to get us 2-0 up?

I'm not saying he was above the rest of our team, but he was a good keeper who helped us get promoted. He wasn't average, he played well through the season.
My point was really that some posts are knocking Ryan already but Stockdale did make some major errors as well as some amazing saves. I would have been happy if he had stayed but respect the club's management's judgement in that they obviously didn't think he would be first choice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point was really that some posts are knocking Ryan already but Stockdale did make some major errors as well as some amazing saves.
That's what you meant by "No another keeper who's going to get away with being average on the pitch because of what a nice bloke he is off it"? Ok.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Didn't say he let us down , just think he's overrated . Have to remember he had a very solid defence in front of him .

Overrated on the back of one league match against probably the strongest team in the league where neither of the goals were his fault?

And it helps the defence if they can have confidence in the goalkeeper, which they seem to have.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There is a reason stockdale isn't playing in the premier league !!!

Sorry, I think we are talking at cross-purposes - my fault.

I thought you were saying Ryan is overrated, but I realise you were talking about Stockdale being overrated. Apologies

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is not what I meant at all. What I mean is you would have no idea what was in the bottle. Why take the risk? The opposition may be doing something dodgy.
Oh I see. If the opposition are doping, they're going to be doing it in controlled calculated way, not via a bottle that's in the physio's basket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here