Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we talk Huddersfield celebration?

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I'm afraid that there team looks better equipped than ours . Wagner knows the foreign market better than our club the striker looks like the real deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 versions of the game, one from my Palace mate was 'Huddersfield just kicked us off the park and targeted Zaha who left the game on crutches' and from my Terrier friend ' we murdered them and Zaha is a cheating scumbag who went down all time without anyone near him'. I love fans different take on games and players.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm afraid that there team looks better equipped than ours . Wagner knows the foreign market better than our club the striker looks like the real deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does look good that striker. Would of liked to of got him.

If you are taking a risk abroad then they ideally need to be prolific in a semi competitive division. He was.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
It's a Wagner/Klopp approach co-opted from the Germany. I've seen routine, pedestrian away wins in the Bundesliga celebrated with fans like it was the coming of the lord. I quite like it.

Of course, we couldn't do it at the Amex if everyone sods off after 83 minutes.........

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have evolved as a set of fans in our bright new era, but are threads like these indicative as the kind of hamstrung terrified mentally of what is cool/tinpot and what isn't, that has led us to never really having more than a handful of songs for players, and generally a fairly narrow playlist of chants?

I mean seriously, they just won their first Premier League match, away at that, and like us are nailed on for the drop.

Please, please, please let it be our team doing this to us over the next 2 games!!!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well my view of the game...Hudds were very physical first 15, nothing too brutal "just letting us know they were there" type thing (nothing wrong in that). Palace dominated possession without looking like scoring, Huddersfield breaking up play when we looked like breaking through with cheap fouls (nothing wrong with that) They counter attacked very well and looked like they could score at anytime, but the closing down of Palace players when on the ball was relentless and really panicked the defense. There new forward Mounie looks like a cracking buy, speed, strong and a great eye for goal.

At the end of last season I thought we would be this years Sunderland what I saw on sat has confirmed that opinion.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well my view of the game...Hudds were very physical first 15, nothing too brutal "just letting us know they were there" type thing (nothing wrong in that). Palace dominated possession without looking like scoring, Huddersfield breaking up play when we looked like breaking through with cheap fouls (nothing wrong with that) They counter attacked very well and looked like they could score at anytime, but the closing down of Palace players when on the ball was relentless and really panicked the defense. There new forward Mounie looks like a cracking buy, speed, strong and a great eye for goal.

At the end of last season I thought we would be this years Sunderland what I saw on sat has confirmed that opinion.

Do you really think you are that bad? Surely Benteke will get enough goals to keep you in the mix? As much as we all loathe Zaha, he's improved as he's matured too.

What's happened to Cabaye, he looked a bargain when he first arrived.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Will DeBoar have to change his possession based game plan, to a more direct hit em on the break style?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you really think you are that bad? Surely Benteke will get enough goals to keep you in the mix? As much as we all loathe Zaha, he's improved as he's matured too.

What's happened to Cabaye, he looked a bargain when he first arrived.

Yes,
Benteke needs the service,
Zaha cant do it all by himself, yes he has improved a lot IMO.

Will DeBoar have to change his possession based game plan, to a more direct hit em on the break style?

Yes if he wants to keep his job, to play the type of football he wants us to play, we would need 4 / 5 new players as the ones we have looked like fish out of water. I am not the greatest fan of tippy tappy football around the back 4 so my not be the best person to ask. Get the ball up the park quickly either to the wingers or a centre forward who can lay the ball off, you don't score goals with 20 passes along the back 3 / 4 then back to the keeper...yes, yes I know that's caveman football :)

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We were in a relegation battle before the City game and will be barring a major upset all the way through the season. Nobody needs to suddenly become negative but the players and fans obviously understand that we need to start picking up points as soon as possible. Nobody was targeting saturdays game but how we perform again Leicester will be a better yardstick to measure ourselves against. The quicker we settle the better.
Rev didn't suddenly become negative unfortunately.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The closing down of Palace players when on the ball was relentless and really panicked the defense.

The high press, also played by Spurs, Liverpool and Man City. It requires midfielders and strikers with pace and 'good engines'.

Some hacks and pundits criticise it, saying it can't be sustained over 38 games, leading to fatigue and avoidable injuries.

We will see.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The high press, also played by Spurs, Liverpool and Man City. It requires midfielders and strikers with pace and 'good engines'.

Some hacks and pundits criticise it, saying it can't be sustained over 38 games, leading to fatigue and avoidable injuries.

We will see.

I'm not sure they have exceptional engines over other players, the real noticeable part is that once they win the ball, they are so good in possession that their game actually slows down while they have the ball. It is strange for us, because tactically you get the ball then go all out to hurt the opposition. City and Spurs go hell for leather to win in, then actually they take their recovery while they've got it, they build an attack.

Pulis just looks at this and says my team aren't good enough to keep possession, so we'll let them high press us, but there is no space behind our back lines, and unless they start counter attacking, it is very difficult to break down. West Brom v Bournemouth's stats from Saturday are amazing. West Brom had 29% possession, but managed more shots than City did against us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here