Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we talk Huddersfield celebration?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Seems I've mis-judged this one then. Just feels a bit crap, you've got a whole season playing in the Premier League and they've just beaten the team that finished 14th out of 20th last season.

If it was an FA cup GIANT killing or something I'd get it. But will they do the same thing if they beat Watford? Burnley? Swansea?

If they've always done it since Wagner has been there then fair enough

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I want to see us do this sometime (12 times?) This season. I won't cringe I will jump up and down and love it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure they have exceptional engines over other players, the real noticeable part is that once they win the ball, they are so good in possession that their game actually slows down while they have the ball.

Each of the high press clubs first 11's lack Hemed/Benteke type strikers or midfielders who aren't the most mobile, as they simply can't harry the opposition in groups for 90 minutes. So called 'luxury players' wouldn't fit in either.

Working tirelessly to get the ball when they haven't got it is vital.

It's here:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/05/stats-show-manchester-city-are-the-best-at-the-high-press/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/11/premier-league-2017-18-club-by-club-guide-tactics-signings/huddersfield-town/

A club doesn't necessary need to spend endless £100m's to get a squad to do this, as Huddersfield prove.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Each of the high press clubs first 11's lack Hemed/Benteke type strikers or midfielders who aren't the most mobile, as they simply can't harry the opposition in groups for 90 minutes. So called 'luxury players' wouldn't fit in either.

Working tirelessly to get the ball when they haven't got it is vital.

It's here:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/05/stats-show-manchester-city-are-the-best-at-the-high-press/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/11/premier-league-2017-18-club-by-club-guide-tactics-signings/huddersfield-town/

A club doesn't necessary need to spend endless £100m's to get a squad to do this, as Huddersfield prove.

I wouldn't have described Harry Kane as the most mobile, isn't he a Benteke/Hemed type striker - just bloody exceptional?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Rev didn't suddenly become negative unfortunately.

I wasn't particularly referring to him GCC. I don't think I even read his post, I normally skip through most of them. Just feel that a few were using saturdays game to predict our season already. Most of us who go regularly know our shortfalls so it's that attacking threat with some real intent we need to get right. So that means Propper, Gross and the new Colombian Kid need to make a difference as quickly as possible.
Is Murray unfit by the way anyone ? I can't believe Hughton would prefer Hemed over Glen if you know we are going to have to resort to getting it upfield quickly against City and making it stick.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't have described Harry Kane as the most mobile, isn't he a Benteke/Hemed type striker - just bloody exceptional?

Don't go by the lanky centre forward image in your mind. Guardian have OPTA stats showing he works his socks off, up to 13km per game, which they contrast to Lukaku

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/04/romelu-lukaku-harry-kane-everton-tottenham-hotspur

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/04/how-tottenham-made-arsenal-look-old-fashioned/

So Kane is very mobile and vital to Spurs high press.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm afraid that there team looks better equipped than ours . Wagner knows the foreign market better than our club the striker looks like the real deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are taking the piss right? You've came to this conclusion after watching two games, one with Huddersfield playing a poor Palace side and the other a Brighton side playing one of the most dominant teams in the PL and potentially the world this season?

Knee and Jerk are two words to be used here.

bella15

Feb 16, 2017
Hi, Hudders fan here, was on last year, and found it's still active. We do, do it after every win, so whether it's tinpot or not it's here to stay. We tend to love it, there is a lot of involvement with the fans and the players. You can actually go to Canalside, the training ground, and queue up with the players to buy your lunch. Granted they have their own dining room, but there's still that feel of being all in it together.

To be honest, what's not to like? As has been pointed out, it's one game, and it won't be going to anyones heads. Well maybe the odd lump on datm, but the new players have all bought into it, and it's Wagners way. No one lives more than 15 miles from the club, players all speak English, things he insists on. Good luck for the season, but the celebrations will keep on happening when we win, or even for a well fought away draw at the big boys.

As for the Palace lad and fouling, well like all clubs, some weeks we're apparently all softies, falling over every touch, others we're kicking people to bits. I mean apparently. I will say if Zaha hadn't spent so much time diving in the first half, he'd have had a penalty second half, and you could see the Ref almost point it out to him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Teams can do what they want after they've stuffed palace

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

terrierbite

Mar 11, 2017
We are a German team. We are top of the league

If you don't like it don't look at the pictures

Bit naff indeed!!!

Get in boys

Hi
Town do this most games in particular ones we win but most importantly also when we lose ,the younger supporters love it and that is what the club are aiming at ,trying to build ,think it will get harder to foster relationships between players and fans now we are in prem league ,seems as though our chairman wants the relationship to continue and mentions it regularly
Might be Tinpot but we love it
Good luck for rest of season

Tills

Jul 12, 2017
Good to see the players celebrating with fans who had made the trip to Selhurst Park.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A draw would have been best, don't want any of our rivals winning. Couldn't care less about CPFC2010

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We still need 14 wins, now from 37 games.

No need to go all negative gloom just yet, eh ?

If attitudes around the open game are anything to go by, it is from 36 games, because we clearly accept we had absolutely no chance whatsoever of beating man city and we have to play them away. I would wager we'll have a similar approach to Man Utd, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal. So it becomes from 28 games to get all these wins. Tony Pulis knows how to drill a defence, so probably won't expect much from West Brom. Southampton and Everton could be tricky if they are on form, so really it's from 22 games...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's a Wagner/Klopp approach co-opted from the Germany. I've seen routine, pedestrian away wins in the Bundesliga celebrated with fans like it was the coming of the lord. I quite like it.

Of course, we couldn't do it at the Amex if everyone sods off after 83 minutes.........

It took three pages to mention the German celebration. Come on NSC try to be knowledgable for Christ sake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here