Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Benjamin Mendy taking the **** out of Dunky's OG on Twitter

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Sorry if fixtures but haven't seen this posted anywhere - have just seen that Benjamin Mendy posted this on Twitter from the City bench yesterday https://mobile.twitter.com/benmendy...io/iframe/twitter.min.html#896432832503066626

Surprised players are allowed to be tweeting during the game from the dug-out - some will see this as disrespectful, others as a bit of banter but Stevie G appeared to take exception to it !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I saw the video of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard laying into him but it's very weak. The man is clearly laid back and very relaxed with life, he's on there having some fun. We'll see how he takes it when he makes a high profile error, but in fairness, I doubt Lewis Dunk would take any offence to it.

Why so serious?

In other news, odd to see Lampard and Gerrard getting on so well together and agreeing with each other. Shame they were never on the same page for England.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
It was mentioned on BT Sport in the post match coverage. Presenter Jake Humphrey brought it up and thought it was an absolute hoot.

Lampard and Gerrard soon put him in his place the tw@t.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm amazed that players are allowed their phones on the bench, regardless of what they choose to do with them. Massively unprofessional.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm amazed that players are allowed their phones on the bench, regardless of what they choose to do with them. Massively unprofessional.

This is exactly what I was thinking - before you know it they'll be taking selfies when joining in on goal celebrations !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is fixtures.

Anyway, we will all have to man up a bit, I expect. Any slip will be all over everywhere because the PL is the most parasited thing in sport, with a worm ready to wiggle into anything nourishing, in the hope of a metamorphosis into something . . . richer.

(is that mad enough for you [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] ?) :smokin::rolleyes::lolol:

el punal

At our first home game last season against Nottingham Forest my grandson was one the mascots. Instead of being in my usual seat in the West Upper part of the mascot package was to sit behind the players dugout. In this case the Forest team's. For practically the whole game some, if not all, their players were on their mobiles. I must admit it surprised me as well. :shrug:

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
It's not offensive, but it does seem disrespectful and unprofessional. If Mendy and Dunk were friends then it'd be ok, if it was just a random on Twitter it'd be fine but a member of opposition squad doesn't seem right.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm sure most of us would love to be in that position on Megabucks having another player take the Mick. At 30k a week I wouldn't give a hoot.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Who is Benjamin Mandy?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Unprofessional, perhaps. He'll get told off.

But really, I wouldn't go crying about it. Even on a forum.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here