Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnet tickets

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I bought a ticket with the full intention of going tonight but I now can’t get to the Amex c/o work reasons (a round trip to the Amex for me is 6-7 hours midweek; I had hoped to be working in Gatwick today but, sadly, late yesterday my customer switched our meeting to Birmingham!). I accept that’s my problem/cost financially - but should it cost loyalty points too?

I agree with others that the club could perhaps view it as an abuse of the loyalty points system if tickets were purchased by someone who had no intention of turning up to a game and then gained an advantage from that purchase by having more loyalty points over an equally loyal fan when it came to acquiring tickets for a later, “bigger” game. It essentially comes down to whether the party buying the ticket is really planning to attend the "smaller" match or whether they’re just after the loyalty points. How that would ever be effectively policed by the club I don’t know.

It seems to me that the club’s position needs to be made clear at the point of sale. If no ticket scan = no loyalty points is indeed the club’s official position then that should be made clear at the time of purchasing a ticket, so that a buyer knows where he or she stands on the matter. As far as I can tell, and unless I have missed it (which is quite possible!), no such policy is reflected in the club’s website (in either the tickets’ or loyalty points’ terms and conditions).

In fact, the club’s 2017/18 loyalty points’ terms and conditions say “How are points being awarded? Points are awarded when you make an advance ticket purchase – provided you have quoted your Fan Number at the point of purchase.” As far as I am aware, the club hasn’t made an official statement to the effect that no ticket scan = no loyalty points whereas it has made an express statement that POTG fans turning up tonight won’t get loyalty points.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2017/august/buy-in-advance-for-barnet-match/

This position is entirely consistent with the club’s 2017/18 loyalty points’ terms and conditions which say “Tickets purchased in person on the day of a match at the American Express Community Stadium will not be awarded points.”

If anyone can point to an official club statement or policy on the no scan = no loyalty points issue it would be helpful to post it on NSC for future reference and clarity.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They would then have to deduct points from STH for every game they don't turn up. I can't imagine that would go down too well!
Seems like convenient false logic.

As long as the season ticket is used at some point then it is active and has been used rather than just being an inactive loyalty point harvester.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Tell me how you can possibly do that without leaving the game early? I live in inner London but rarely get home much before midnight after waiting in queues at Falmer station and taking the tube/walking at the other end. How the hell can you get to North Norfolk and be home by 1am?

Season ticket in NW lower, nearest to station.
21.36 Falmer to Brighton
21.49 Bri to Vic arrive 22.45
Tube to kings cross 15 min
23.14 to kings Lynn, back in Downham 00.44
Trick is to see how the trains are playing in the 2nd half and act accordingly. Yes leave normally on 87-88 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here