Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.

But 'they' did in the end didn't they? After all the steward is part of 'they' ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Person tries to get out of their round by entering stadium early shock. I know your sort. Called out by your mates. :wrong:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
How did you just just wander out? The only bits open are the turnstiles. My husband was taken ill last season,and had to plead with the stewards to let him out.
He had to ask three times before they let him out, and was advised he couldn't come back. He had to emphasise that he was ill, and going home, before they finally let him out.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

On the way out did you not have to pass stewards? If so it seems odd that they didn't warn you.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
True but the official response was no chance! The kind steward ❤️❤️ Went against their policy

Sounds like a well managed policy. Official stance banning re-admission combined with common
sense application on the ground. Bit like standing at away games etc. Best just to admit you are 100 % wrong, give thanks to our wonderful club and keep a low profile.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Why was yesterday the long awaited return?

I always thought that would have been when we returned back to Brighton from Gillingham, or when we finally had a permanent home ground again?

I really hope our fans don't start pretending that the objective and meaning of this club and it's last 20 years was all about getting to the Prem.

Not true. Staying alive was the big dream. Getting to the prem is just a luxury. No big deal. Fans shouldn't see this as the be end all of everything,

I always thought that would have been when we returned back to Brighton from Gillingham, or when we finally had a permanent home ground again?

I really hope our fans don't start pretending that the objective and meaning of this club and it's last 20 years was all about getting to the Prem.

Not true. Staying alive was the big dream. Getting to the prem is just a luxury. No big deal. Fans shouldn't see this as the be end all of everything,
This in buckets!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope you don't get that helpful steward in trouble for posting this on here.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How did you just just wander out? The only bits open are the turnstiles. My husband was taken ill last season,and had to plead with the stewards to let him out.
He had to ask three times before they let him out, and was advised he couldn't come back. He had to emphasise that he was ill, and going home, before they finally let him out.

My Dad died and I had to leave before a game to get home , and the steward made a point of telling me no readmission before grudgingly opening the gate

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My Dad died and I had to leave before a game to get home , and the steward made a point of telling me no readmission before grudgingly opening the gate

What a horrible thing to happen to you. You would have thought the steward would've had a bit of sympathy.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

Not every thread has to descend in to this type of point scoring. The OP was asking about re admittance to the ground not your opinion on what the clubs ambitions are. Tool.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here