Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I. know. It's like one of those films they show on rainy Sunday afternoons - you know it's shit but you keep watching anyway.

It's weirdly compelling tho eh, this tale of a ghost-like person who can wander in and out of the stadium at will, transcending all known rules, regulations and queues. Frankly, I'd pay very good money to BE that person. Tho only on matchdays.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's weirdly compelling tho eh, this tale of a ghost-like person who can wander in and out of the stadium at will, transcending all known rules, regulations and queues. Frankly, I'd pay very good money to BE that person. Tho only on matchdays.

That natural born talent would definitely come in handy when using Airports.

I'll tell you a funny story - at that Doncaster game my self and friend (alright person I went with) were about to make our way to our seats from the lounge, when a young lady lounge hostess told us, that if we left now we couldn't come back in.
She either assumed a) the event everyone was so excited about was taking place in, or could be viewed from the lounge, or b) the event we'd waited nearly 15 years for was no longer important to us.
Either way, I imagine she had only listened to a small part of the briefing/training she'd received.
I left it to an exasperated , more senior chap to explain the art of football spectating to her.
Being the 1901 one chap she had relayed this to, did actually stay in the lounge for the first half.

Have you got a choc ice?

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Ok I admit it I am in fact Jamie who has returned to reek revenge, by posting the dullest made up story to grace this board. I'm now out of Pizza Adiction rehab and back to destroy you all

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I really could give a flying hoot if you do or don't but it's true. I think the little blonde Steward that let me back in realised that she should have been looking after the gate. There were obviously stewards on the turnstile and frisking outside. Had a pint of Harveys at the Harveys bar. I'm sure if you ask the club the can show you ctv footage. If not I heard Columbo is free this weekend.

I really can't see any good reason why you would bother making-up this story; no disrepect but it isn't exactly a mind-blowing tale. So I will give you the benefit of the doubt...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah. Maybe a film is the wrong comparison, it's getting more like a bad soap: Crossroads say or El Dorado. I'm currently tuning in to see if TG can explain the discrepancy between his original post (where he says he was told it was his round), and the text screenshots which show nothing of the sort. Why is that? Are the screenshots faked and his account hacked? Oh the drama, the suspense ...

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yeah. Maybe a film is the wrong comparison, it's getting more like a bad soap: Crossroads say or El Dorado. I'm currently tuning in to see if TG can explain the discrepancy between his original post (where he says he was told it was his round), and the text screenshots which show nothing of the sort. Why is that? Are the screenshots faked and his account hacked? Oh the drama, the suspense ...

Ok here goes for what it's worth. The comment about it being my round was made in a conversation I had with Little dark Barry not emanating from our text exchange.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ok here goes for what it's worth. The comment about it being my round was made in a conversation I had with Little dark Barry not emanating from our text exchange.

And the bit about waltzing out of the ground unchecked . Where did that emanate from? Oh yeah, your IMAGINATION?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Were there no queues either in Dicks Bar, or to get "back" into the stadium? Were you back in your seat in time for kick off?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Small queue for Dick's Bar and let in a side gate by large dark steward, who was covered in boils.

So now it's just a question of waiting for someone in Dicks to quote how long they had to wait before being served.

Why are you keeping up with this lie?! :lolol:

Brightonrock01

May 22, 2017
Augusta, Ga, USA
When my parents lived in Durham, I visited them one weekend, to find out that NUFC were playing MUFC, so I popped along to the game - it was sold out - so I decided to walk around the outside of the stadium, in search of an over-priced ticket from a tout. As I was walking along one of the sides of the ground, 5 or 6 blokes in front of me stopped at an emergency exit, and knocked on the door - a steward opened it, and in walked the group - so I joined the back of the line, and got in. In those days, the ends of the ground were standing, so we were led to a gate, and ushered in to the home end.

Just goes to show that in those days there were stewards who could look after their mates.

More like Albion Market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here