Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 206
  1. #21
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    4,374


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My Dad died and I had to leave before a game to get home , and the steward made a point of telling me no readmission before grudgingly opening the gate
    I find the ''no re-admission'' policy quite archaic.

    They had it at Millwall initially but relaxed it because people were smoking dope in the toilets during half time and it absolutely stank and with kids going into the toilets it really wasn't appropriate. I have no issue with anyone who wants to indulge in class AB or C drugs - That's their perogative but not around kids.

    Millwall addressed this by creating a smoking area which is stewarded for people to go out and smoke and then come back in. I think there are a few other clubs who have done the same.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Location
      The Brighton and Hove Border. Just orf The Drove in Brighton not Hove
      Posts
      22,217


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
      Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.
      How did you get out in the first place? You would have had to be let out by a gate steward who would WITHOUT DOUBT told you about the no re-admittance law.

      Smells like the cows are coming home to me !
      I don't care what you say to me. The whole first season at The Amex, I went to all Gus Poyet's pre match press conferences. I asked the great man what I wanted , when I wanted. It's something money can't buy.

      !!
    • #23
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Warmley, nr Bristol
      Posts
      2,081


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I realise this thread is a little self indulgent .....
      Indeed. Not sure I would have fessed up to this.
    • #24
      Members Hamilton's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      6,976


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
      Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.
      Bit of a school-boy error there, and the stewards are probably a little busy to be checking everyone in and out. Still, they did let you back in, so looks like the club did the right thing by you. I'm sure you were kicking yourself.
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do
    • #25
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Brighton Pavilion, Greenland
      Posts
      51,357


      3 Not allowed!
      Is OP for real? "After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance." Pretty fitting he ended up in Dick's Bar. What with being a DICK and everything!
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #26
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      15,676


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
      Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.
      Like others I wonder how you just 'wandered out' seeing as all the exits are pretty tightly controlled to stop people from just 'wandering in'.

      Still never mind, you obviously haven't been to a match for years so I hope you enjoyed your first visit to the Amex. At least you'll know the ropes next time.

    • #27
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Shoreham-by-Sea
      Posts
      354


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      How did you just just wander out? The only bits open are the turnstiles. My husband was taken ill last season,and had to plead with the stewards to let him out.
      He had to ask three times before they let him out, and was advised he couldn't come back. He had to emphasise that he was ill, and going home, before they finally let him out.
      I literally wandered out the open gate by the turnstiles not a steward in sight!!
    • #28
      Sound of the Suburbs bn9 bha's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Newhaven SUSSEX BN9
      Posts
      10,501


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by T.G View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I literally wandered out the open gate by the turnstiles not a steward in sight!!
      Are you serious?
      Surely anyone without a ticket could have wandered in to the stadium if this was the case.
    • #29
      Members sheebo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      17,636


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shropshire Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In the eyes of common sense - what's so wrong with allowing re-admittance?
      Because the season tickets can't let admittance more than once otherwise people could come back through the turnstiles with their mates tickets to get other friends in. That's the obvious answer anyway. I guess there's no way of proving it was you who used it initially to get in. However, in these circumstances, with a calm manor and a lot of persistence you can usually find someone's willing to use common sense as the OP found in the end. You just have to know how to blag things occasionally!
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
    • #30
      Members
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Tun Wells
      Posts
      1,719


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are you serious?
      Surely anyone without a ticket could have wandered in to the stadium if this was the case.
      And then he simply walked in to Dicks bar? There was an effing massive queue from the time I arrived at 4pm until I went in to the WSU at 5pm.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •