Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
TG, for the record I couldn't care less but I would imagine you would have taken some photos while you sat reflectively in the empty ground? Perhaps some snaps in the bar on this momentous day even? They'll be time stamped too. With a bit of luck you'll silence the self appointed BHA Guardians on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because your friends said it was YOUR round, you had to leave to meet them and buy it ?

Strewth.

Couldn't it wait until you next saw them or after the match, or were they totally penniless ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If the OP is found to be lying can we just set up the stocks and rotten cabbages outside the ground for the next game?, or do we all have to march down to Lewes with flaming torches and pitchforks, put him in a barrel and throw him in the Ouse to see if he floats? :hilton:

If it's the latter, can someone be in charge of checking the tide times?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Jesus is this, the dullest of threads, still going? Let it die...(and yes, I realise I've just contributed to it smart arse)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
If the OP is found to be lying can we just set up the stocks and rotten cabbages outside the ground for the next game?, or do we all have to march down to Lewes with flaming torches and pitchforks, put him in a barrel and throw him in the Ouse to see if he floats? :hilton:

If it's the latter, can someone be in charge of checking the tide times?

can't we do both????????

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the OP is found to be lying can we just set up the stocks and rotten cabbages outside the ground for the next game?

We could do it inside and outside of the ground.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round.

Up until now I had been prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt which is why I suggested you send a screenshot of the text as I thought it might quell a few of the other posters' doubts, but I'm afraid it's only served to raise a question on my part. There is a discrepancy between what you alleged your friends texted in your opening post and what the screenshot of the text tells us actually was said. You told us in your opening post that your friends indicated to you that it was apparently your round. Yet looking at the text exchanges there is absolutely no mention of whose round it might be. If you are prepared to embellish your story with such flights of fancy as this it makes me wonder what other parts of your story are similarly embellished. I'm sorry but I tried my best to help your case but I feel badly let down. Are you able to offer a credible explanation for this glaring discrepancy? Were you perhaps trying to give the false impression that you were a man of such virtue that you were prepared to risk forfeiting your seat in order to honour your obligation to buy the next round when in reality you did no such thing?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ok, i have seen enough. Its a guilty vote from me. Preferred punishment would be to drink 10 pints of post match warm flat Fosters lager in one sitting.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Fabrication
Confabulation
Referring to one of our finest stewards as "A little blond" - demeaning treachery
Taking an hour to drink a pint of SUSSEX ale - treason

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Up until now I had been prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt which is why I suggested you send a screenshot of the text as I thought it might quell a few of the other posters' doubts, but I'm afraid it's only served to raise a question on my part. There is a discrepancy between what you alleged your friends texted in your opening post and what the screenshot of the text tells us actually was said. You told us in your opening post that your friends indicated to you that it was apparently your round. Yet looking at the text exchanges there is absolutely no mention of whose round it might be. If you are prepared to embellish your story with such flights of fancy as this it makes me wonder what other parts of your story are similarly embellished. I'm sorry but I tried my best to help your case but I feel badly let down. Are you able to offer a credible explanation for this glaring discrepancy? Were you perhaps trying to give the false impression that you were a man of such virtue that you were prepared to risk forfeiting your seat in order to honour your obligation to buy the next round when in reality you did no such thing?

Hands up who else can't be arsed to read that big solid slab of probably not very interesting words? :wave:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mustn't ...... post ...... but ....... can't....... help ....... it...

Ok, where in that text exchange does it say it's your round?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Jesus is this, the dullest of threads, still going? Let it die...(and yes, I realise I've just contributed to it smart arse)

I. know. It's like one of those films they show on rainy Sunday afternoons - you know it's shit but you keep watching anyway.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fabrication
Confabulation
Referring to one of our finest stewards as "A little blond" - demeaning treachery
Taking an hour to drink a pint of SUSSEX ale - treason

I think this case needs referring

kangaroo-court.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here