Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Annoyed at myself and a little bit the club!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To come back in surely you have to pass your ticket through the turnstile a second time as there is no other way in, so whoever is monitoring this in Barber's HQ for ID checks and so on would surely have spotted a ticket being used twice at the turnstile ???

yep and a snatch squad would have been despatched within minutes. Last thing this fella would have been doing today is posting on NSC.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I realise this thread is a little self indulgent but hey ho! I rocked up at the amex a few hours early to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. I then got a text from some friends saying they are in Dicks bar and it was apparently my round. Without thinking I wandered out and went for a drink. After a lovely hour over a pint I went to return. I was horrified to find that there is no readmittance. Of course I understand this rule but after all the decades of supporting the Albion I was exasperated to find they would not budge and I was set to miss this momentous day. I did lose my sh@t which wasn't the best response. After composing myself I sweet talked one of the Stewards who to my eternal thanks was kind enough to turn a blind eye and let me in. Phew!!!
Of course it was my own fault but you would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of our long awaited return.

Thats the biggest lie of the lot.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Thats the biggest lie of the lot.

They call me transparent T.G and you saw straight through my ruse. I hold up my hand. I confess I lied about walking out of the stadium and going for a drink. It's because I have no friends and you would feel sorry for me and like me ����

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I realise this thread is very self indulgent,but,heyho.I rocked up at the Amex a few hours early, to soak up the atmosphere. I went to my seat,and gazed around the ground drinking it all in. Then, I got a text from some unicorns, saying they were in Dicks bar, and it was apparently my turn to buy the magical fairy dust potion. Without thinking I wandered out and, avoiding the giants, dragons, and witches, I went for a drink, turning myself invisible so I could go to the front of the fifteen mile long queue. After a lovely hour over a pint of fairy dust potion,I went to return, I was horrified to to find there was no re-admittance, and the dark troll who lives in the deep dark entrance cave, refused to allow me to re-enter the magical stadium, and take my place on the padded throne of Amexia.
Of course, I understand this Rule of King Barberra, but after all the countless millenia of being a loyal subject of Albionnia, I was exasperated to find the Dark troll of Stadus Entryux,would not budge
and i was going to fail in my holy quest. I rained oaths, curses and dire warning down on the troll, and his vile minnions, which wasnt the best response,as I had left my magic wand in Dicks.
After composing myself, I sweet talked a blind, beautiful fairy, with gossamer wings and solid gold slippers, into allowing me re-admittance into the hallowed realm of King Tonyus the Good.PHEW!

Of course it was my own fault, but would think they could have shown a little kindness on the day of the long awaited end to my sacred quest.

This is true, honest.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
To come back in surely you have to pass your ticket through the turnstile a second time as there is no other way in, so whoever is monitoring this in Barber's HQ for ID checks and so on would surely have spotted a ticket being used twice at the turnstile ???

There is also a a swing gate next to each turnstile, the ones they open up at the end of the game to let everyone out rather than make you all go through the turnstiles backwards to get out !

They also open these for staff and various equipment we take out prior to a game and take back in again after.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Great idea, I'll leave my 'four for a fiver's' hidden under a car, leg it out, do half a can in one go, leg it back, cheer my team, repeat eight times, bobs yer uncle

Let's just assume this car where alleged stash of contraband is hidden takes 4 mins to get to from you seat, 2 mins to swig half a can and 4 mins to get back to your seat = maybe about 10 mins per visit. You suggest 8 visits = 80-ish mins of drinking effort.
Not gonna see much football if that's your reason for wanting to leave the ground and be re-admitted.

I think the stewarding just doesn't want the extra work of people coming and going - but, if you've paid for you ticket to see an "event" is it so wrong to want to pop out to drink with mates [or back to your car for whatever]?
Just seems like a large helping of red-tape bureaucracy to me ....

Perhaps no re-admittance after half-time, but before kick-off ought to be okay?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's one bar in Dicks, not a special Harveys bar. There is a Harveys bar outside between the bandstand and the fish & chip wagon.

If someone told me to meet them at the Harvey's bar it would be the one you have mentioned, by the bandstand. Dick's bar is just well, Dick's bar as you say.

Let's just assume this car where alleged stash of contraband is hidden takes 4 mins to get to from you seat, 2 mins to swig half a can and 4 mins to get back to your seat = maybe about 10 mins per visit. You suggest 8 visits = 80-ish mins of drinking effort.
Not gonna see much football if that's your reason for wanting to leave the ground and be re-admitted.

I think the stewarding just doesn't want the extra work of people coming and going - but, if you've paid for you ticket to see an "event" is it so wrong to want to pop out to drink with mates [or back to your car for whatever]?
Just seems like a large helping of red-tape bureaucracy to me ....

Perhaps no re-admittance after half-time, but before kick-off ought to be okay?

I appreciate your sums, but it'll only be seven times as I'll have done the first one, (my error) up the grass bank and over the fence (I'm east Stand) I could shave a bit there. However 2 minutes to do half a can???? I'd certainly beat Usain Bolt! I admit my previous bar visit shenanigans have cost me a few goals in the past, but I'm confident I won't miss too many at the right end due to my borderline alcoholism causing me to vacate my seat on 43 minutes

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why was yesterday the long awaited return?

I always thought that would have been when we returned back to Brighton from Gillingham, or when we finally had a permanent home ground again?

I really hope our fans don't start pretending that the objective and meaning of this club and it's last 20 years was all about getting to the Prem.

Not true. Staying alive was the big dream. Getting to the prem is just a luxury. No big deal. Fans shouldn't see this as the be end all of everything,

Wonders never cease, I have never witnessed someone type so many sentences while so far up their own bumhole. Fair play to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here