Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth away tickets

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At last they have released all blocks at the same time

Yep best block is 21 then increasingly further away from half way line through to block 24 in corner.

4x purchased.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Site won't accept my payment and goes in a never ending loop so cancelled tickets and tried again. Still doesn't work, anybody else having trouble paying?
Edit called ticket office and system has gone down!!

Last edited:

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Site won't accept my payment and goes in a never ending loop so cancelled tickets and tried again. Still doesn't work, anybody else having trouble paying?

Exactly the same here. Keeps coming up with Error page before I even get to the card screen. FFS

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Just rang the club said their payment system has gone down, he told to keep refreshing no tickets can be sold until it's fixed so said not to worry.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Glad I got in early and avoided the payment farce. Not enough hours in the working day for this nonsense.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Looks like it's sorted as payment finally gone through.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Just like to say, the Club have opened a hoarders nest going from 281 to 217 in one move. I have 280 and am slightly peeved that I'm in the same bracket as people with 63 less loyalty points than me. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Just like to say, the Club have opened a hoarders nest going from 281 to 217 in one move. I have 280 and am slightly peeved that I'm in the same bracket as people with 63 less loyalty points than me. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I guess you mean 'hornets' and yes, it does seem a bit odd, if there are any left tomorrow, it is going to be a mad scramble and immediate sell out.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I guess you mean 'hornets' and yes, it does seem a bit odd, if there are any left tomorrow, it is going to be a mad scramble and immediate sell out.

I did! Bloody predictive text! [emoji3]

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

This, particularly with so few seats available! Clearly deliberate but not very fair on the face of it!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's hard to criticise without knowing exactly how many people are in each points bracket. However, my impression of the levels set for games so far is that everybody in the first priority group is guaranteed a ticket, i.e. if there are 2,000 tickets available the bar will be set at the number of points the 2,000th person in line has. That allows the club to say they are giving priority to the people who deserve the tickets - and rightly so. No problems so far. However, the second priority group often seems very large, which I would guess is because at that point the club have done their duty to the 'most loyal' fans and simply want to shift the tickets ASAP so they can get on with posting them out.

It would make it fairer and ease congestion on the ticket site if the first stage stays the same but more windows are then opened. It doesn't need to take long either. For Bournemouth, you could have something like:

Tues 9am - 281 points+
Wed 9am - 266 points+
Wed 1pm - 251 points+
Thurs 9am - 236 points+
Thurs 1pm - 221 points+

That only extends the process (and the point at which this game will sell out) by a maximum of 24 hours. But it ensures people with 270ish points will definitely get a ticket over those with 220ish.

I sort of agree with you, but narrow bands are rubbish for larger groups with a spread of loyalty points. I have over the 281 but the other 5 in my group range from 224-268.

If it was always 'sit where you want' and no hassles then I would be inclined to agree with you... but it has been a right pain at some away games.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
It's hard to criticise without knowing exactly how many people are in each points bracket. However, my impression of the levels set for games so far is that everybody in the first priority group is guaranteed a ticket, i.e. if there are 2,000 tickets available the bar will be set at the number of points the 2,000th person in line has. That allows the club to say they are giving priority to the people who deserve the tickets - and rightly so. No problems so far. However, the second priority group often seems very large, which I would guess is because at that point the club have done their duty to the 'most loyal' fans and simply want to shift the tickets ASAP so they can get on with posting them out.

It would make it fairer and ease congestion on the ticket site if the first stage stays the same but more windows are then opened. It doesn't need to take long either. For Bournemouth, you could have something like:

Tues 9am - 281 points+
Wed 9am - 266 points+
Wed 1pm - 251 points+
Thurs 9am - 236 points+
Thurs 1pm - 221 points+

That only extends the process (and the point at which this game will sell out) by a maximum of 24 hours. But it ensures people with 270ish points will definitely get a ticket over those with 220ish.

Very well said.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Tues 9am - 281 points+
Wed 9am - 266 points+
Wed 1pm - 251 points+
Thurs 9am - 236 points+
Thurs 1pm - 221 points+

The flip side is it becomes a bit of a closed shop to any new / younger fans building up their points. High demand games like Bournemouth away we'll only have fans of 40+ years old in the away end who've been attending for years – yes that rewards their loyalty and their continued away support, but do teenagers and younger fans now reaching an age they're allowed to go off to matches on their own have to wait years before they can build up points to match those of us with built up historic points?

Loyalty points are a good way of gauging loyalty, but it also prioritises age and length of time attending games, which does risk excluding younger fans from high priority away games.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The flip side is it becomes a bit of a closed shop to any new / younger fans building up their points. High demand games like Bournemouth away we'll only have fans of 40+ years old in the away end who've been attending for years – yes that rewards their loyalty and their continued away support, but do teenagers and younger fans now reaching an age they're allowed to go off to matches on their own have to wait years before they can build up points to match those of us with built up historic points?

Loyalty points are a good way of gauging loyalty, but it also prioritises age and length of time attending games, which does risk excluding younger fans from high priority away games.

Its a difficult balancing act.. I know people who are now complaining about not being able to get away tickets that I haven't seen at an away match in bloody years... It would be unfair of those to get tickets and someone who regularly has travelled away for a number of years not too. And you just know it would be those types of people getting tickets and lording it over everyone!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Yeah, agree. I read on here about another club, forget who (Watford? Man Utd?) who have a scheme whereby a certain number of away tickets are kept back for a general sale to allow new and younger fans to build up loyalty points. I'm not surprised we wouldn't consider this in our first premier league season, but if we stay up its something to consider in the future. If we go down then I'd be pretty sure they can tickets to all the away games

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here