Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beer ques and general

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
BarberOut.jpg

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Hopeless before and after in WSU, fully expect that now though. One person trying to serve Harvey's and cider in the middle after the game hence the large queues. They must have been practicing at the racecourse on Friday as that was shocking even with a smallish crowd. How hard can it be:shrug:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
find the beginning of the season is always worse tbh. The poor sod who eventually served me and had already got the previous 4 orders wrong some how managed to get a strongbow and a fosters and 2 burgers to be 2 Harvey's a chicken pie and a hot dog. Took him another 5 minutes to correct it. Somehow he managed to add it up to £22 quid as well. No idea if this was correct or not in the end paid and left as couldn't be bothered to agree any further

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
ESL queues were fine as far as I could tell. Surprised it was going so smoothly to be honest,

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We drove over and left Shoreham at 4:15 and I have never seen so little traffic for a home game so assume most people got their very early ?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
it wasn't good. pie and pint queue in WSU had one girl serving and taking money, ridiculous. we gave up that queue after 10 mins. none of the mini bars to be seen. even queues after were bad.

strange that something as reasonably straightforward as queue management can't be sorted

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lack of staff as ever. Many Students who work at the Stadium are away in the summer, happens every year.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I only wanted a bottle of water - they'd run out in WSU and then tried to force a bottle of
sprite on me because they'd already tapped in the price of the water. ffs.

shambolic.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
ESL service was fine yesterday and trains in and out heading east were good too. Pretty good for the first game of the season and a 30k crowd.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I sit in the WSU but I'm not a fan of the concourse up there, but I sometimes go to the WSL concourse after the match, I went to 2 different kiosks in the WSL and the service was very good at both.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I must have got lucky. In the WSU, left my seat after the halftime whistle was blown, got a pie, pint and crisps (x2) for me and my dad. Back in our seats for the start of he second half with just the crisps left.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
ESU was slow, slow, slow. They even have the "Beer only" kiosk furthest away from the beer and then when it gets busier they decide to start selling food, teas and coffees from it. Why bother naming it a beer only kiosk? They're not selling Harveys Stout either which seems a shame as you can get it in the rest of the ground. Are we being punished in the ESU? We do make more noise now so please can we have some Stout.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
ESL was fine. Left at half time on the whistle, had time to get a burger, pint and have a wee.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I never got to have a pint of Harvey's Stout as the pump appeared to have died when I got served at south end of The WSU, so I stuck with Harvey's Best or 'Regular Harvey's' as the lad serving called it. :lolol:

Then someone else served me a pint of 'Regular Harvey's' but charged me the price of a Harvey's Stout - a whole 10p extra. Never mind, I got served quickly and no problem at half time though.

Regular Harvey's :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here