Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Come on, own up...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always wondered what the vendors do with the unsold half'n'half scarves. Be environmentally friendly and recycle them to make further half'n'half scarves? Donate them to a third-world country where it gets a bit nippy out? Or just fly-tip them down a picturesque country lane? I know which my money would be on.

Two seasons ago, I went to a pre season friendly, to see my Chelsea play Fiorentina my favourite Italian team, at Stamford Bridge.

I was delighted to buy a half & half scarf as a memento of such a rare occasion! :albion2: :wink:

Can't see anything wrong with it, as it harms no-one. tbh:bounce:

Plus, I can think of a few 'footy' bars in Florence, who would pay good money for that scarf, to hang up at the bar If I wanted to sell it?

Although I'll jump on the band wagon of slagging off half and halfs, during the CH4 days I was a "Massive" Lazio fan. Watching the fleet foot of Giuseppe Signori, Thomas Doll Karl Heinz Riedler Aron Winter and indeed Gascoinge was light relief from the struggles the Albion faced at the time, As Lazio won Lo Scudetto (hark at me!) and a European Trophy we were struggling to say afloat. A half Brighton half Lazio piece of overpriced tat was too much of a temptation, it was also more of a symbol of how times had changed. If we played Lazio in a two legged affair this week I'd fancy our chances

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Because it was a party atmosphere and we are are celebrating promotion and the chance to watch the best players in the world at the amex.
I can't get to the Amex as I'm no longer in Brighton. But when I'm at the Amex, I'm there to watch Brighton....couldn't give a toss if Kun Aguero's on the pitch. I wanna see Duffy and Dunk take him out..

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Always wondered what the vendors do with the unsold half'n'half scarves.

Saving them for March. And we play them again a couple of times next season too, don't forget.
And for the record, I hate them as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Saving them for March. And we play them again a couple of times next season too, don't forget.
And for the record, I hate them as well.

They get them for a couple of quid from some sweatshop, so even if they only sell half of them they'll have done ok (all cash, naturally). Rest will end up in a hedge on a country lane somewhere......

Think I got one for the first Amex game with Spurs as a souvenir so probably don't need the entire 91-team collection but hats off to anyone who eventually gets there, scarf-hopping

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
half-and-half-300x300.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here