Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue here to complain the Premier League isn't as good as The Championship

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Been calling em Man Q for quite a while now. It's state sponsored vanity, for when Qatar runs out of oil, they will have other investments globally that meaning they own part of other states. In the old days countries just invaded with troops. Now it's cash. But a football club City are not. Hard to get your head round that because of their heritage, but those were different times. Once you do, it's easier to understand. Sooner the richest (because it would have to be money based) 16 clubs in the world clear off and form their bankers league the better. The rest of us can get back to watching SPORT again. Albeit there'd have to be a redistribution of wealth and rules put in place to stop super leagues 2,3,4 etc with everyone buying into the ethos it's sport first, business 2nd. That way the greedy bunch in the super leagues can just wallow in their bloated 'We've got a bigger bank balance than you super cash Premier championship ultra bestest global universe galaxy stars ever' League....THE BETTER! :)

Why Qatar?

Man City is owned by Sheikh Mansour who is the sheikh of Abu Dhabi
Not Qatar?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
...If we had been given £200 million to spend over the summer, we might have given them a game. It's all about billionaire investors w**king themselves off over who can attract the best players. The Premier League is in no way a level playing field. It's not really even about sport, it's only about one thing: MONEY.
Which is why I for one will not be remotely bothered should our time at the Premier League pig-trough turn out to be relatively short .

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Give me a stroll to Withdean on a Saturday afternoon any day of the week.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Why Qatar?

Man City is owned by Sheikh Mansour who is the sheikh of Abu Dhabi
Not Qatar?

Correct. Just looked on Wikipedia and they estimate his personal fortune to be $38 billion. Uncle Tony will have to win quite a few poker games to match that...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I know some City & they're alright, as were the ones I met on Saturday. Arsenal in the cup last time though? Utter bellends. Pissed up 18 year old homophobes with the football knowledge of an Albanian goat herder and the dress sense of the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
As always, two extremes;
Queue at Brighton - p@ssed up fool got in my personal space and aggressively told me that they had 800 "strong men" - got away from him and his c@ckwomble mates as soon as.
On train sat and chatted with an older guy who was calm and engaging - although he was drinking Carling, so obviously had some deep character flaws...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Wait until the REAL knobheads arrive bell 🔚 like chelsea , Man united, and Arsenal. City have at least got a vague recollection lof being humble.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Although we met some decent chaps who knew their stuff on the whole I thought their support was shocking! Heard more from Ipswich! Did they sing until they scored?

I think I heard one muffled attempt at a song before they scored, surprising really, I was expecting noise.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here