Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been calling em Man Q for quite a while now. It's state sponsored vanity, for when Qatar runs out of oil, they will have other investments globally that meaning they own part of other states. In the old days countries just invaded with troops. Now it's cash. But a football club City are not. Hard to get your head round that because of their heritage, but those were different times. Once you do, it's easier to understand. Sooner the richest (because it would have to be money based) 16 clubs in the world clear off and form their bankers league the better. The rest of us can get back to watching SPORT again. Albeit there'd have to be a redistribution of wealth and rules put in place to stop super leagues 2,3,4 etc with everyone buying into the ethos it's sport first, business 2nd. That way the greedy bunch in the super leagues can just wallow in their bloated 'We've got a bigger bank balance than you super cash Premier championship ultra bestest global universe galaxy stars ever' League....THE BETTER!
    Why Qatar?

Man City is owned by Sheikh Mansour who is the sheikh of Abu Dhabi
    Not Qatar?
    its everyone else not me

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      ...If we had been given 200 million to spend over the summer, we might have given them a game. It's all about billionaire investors w**king themselves off over who can attract the best players. The Premier League is in no way a level playing field. It's not really even about sport, it's only about one thing: MONEY.
      Which is why I for one will not be remotely bothered should our time at the Premier League pig-trough turn out to be relatively short .

0 Not allowed!
      Give me a stroll to Withdean on a Saturday afternoon any day of the week.
      Nearly.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by driller View Post
      Why Qatar?

Man City is owned by Sheikh Mansour who is the sheikh of Abu Dhabi
      Not Qatar?
      Correct. Just looked on Wikipedia and they estimate his personal fortune to be $38 billion. Uncle Tony will have to win quite a few poker games to match that...
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

Queue here to complain the Premier League isn't as good as The Championship

0 Not allowed!
      I know some City & they're alright, as were the ones I met on Saturday. Arsenal in the cup last time though? Utter bellends. Pissed up 18 year old homophobes with the football knowledge of an Albanian goat herder and the dress sense of the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      As always, two extremes;
      Queue at Brighton - p@ssed up fool got in my personal space and aggressively told me that they had 800 "strong men" - got away from him and his c@ckwomble mates as soon as.
      On train sat and chatted with an older guy who was calm and engaging - although he was drinking Carling, so obviously had some deep character flaws...
      "I'm glad they lost, 'cos if they'd 've won I'd 've been all happy. I hate being happy"

0 Not allowed!
      Said it mid last season, give me a goal either way thriller v Fulham in a freezing January by the Thames any day.

1 Not allowed!
      Wait until the REAL knobheads arrive bell 🔚 like chelsea , Man united, and Arsenal. City have at least got a vague recollection lof being humble.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.

0 Not allowed!
      All the City fans I spoke to were fine

It's same with any team: most people are fine, some are tools.

Except for Leeds where some people are fine and most are tools.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by patchamalbion View Post
      Although we met some decent chaps who knew their stuff on the whole I thought their support was shocking! Heard more from Ipswich! Did they sing until they scored?
      I think I heard one muffled attempt at a song before they scored, surprising really, I was expecting noise.