Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queue here to complain the Premier League isn't as good as The Championship

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Supporters.

I encountered two different groups of Man City supporters today. First bunch tried pushing over the barriers at the train station when our train arrived. When challenged said they got lairy and said they were just "holding" the barriers. On then on the train I had to put up with a bunch of supporters who were so intoxicated it was difficult to know if they were drunk or mentally retarded. One guy started giving it to a Brighton fan but was so drunk he struggled to compose words and no one actually understood what he was saying; the argy bargy dissolved itself due to his inability to say much.

Another guy started going on about having more money....looking at him, his demeanour, and his clothing and then looking at his victim I'd say it was the exact opposite. This might have been a club versus club thing though.

I don't recall ever encountering such cock sure bell end supporters in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Someone posted on the BBC website calling them a team that is bascailly owned by an Emirates state.

I think he has a point. What is 'Manchester City' - what does it mean to be a Manchester City fan? They are just a brand. None of the players come from Manchester, very few even from England. They are owned by a guy from the Middle East who has absolutely no connection with the city or the club, but wants to pour some of his substantial wealth into it as an 'investment'. I seriously wonder how their fans feel any connection at all to the horrible corporate organisation they have become.

If we had been given £200 million to spend over the summer, we might have given them a game. It's all about billionaire investors w**king themselves off over who can attract the best players. The Premier League is in no way a level playing field. It's not really even about sport, it's only about one thing: MONEY.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the flip side, I spent my time in the queue for the train with a City fan called Colin who was an absolute delight. Very grounded, dry sense of humour and frankly slightly over-generous about our "performance" today, although perhaps that's easy when you've just completely outclassed someone. He was old enough to have seen the shite though, and actually admitted he kind of missed the days when they were "khazi" (in his words).

He bloody Facebooked me as well. Football fwend.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yeah, their fans were sound. Nice bunch.

D

Deleted member 2719

On the flip side, I spent my time in the queue for the train with a City fan called Colin who was an absolute delight. Very grounded, dry sense of humour and frankly slightly over-generous about our "performance" today, although perhaps that's easy when you've just completely outclassed someone. He was old enough to have seen the shite though, and actually admitted he kind of missed the days when they were "khazi" (in his words).

He bloody Facebooked me as well. Football fwend.

Sounds like a Premier stalker to me.

Didn't get them in the championship.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
be prepared for plenty more of that HT when the away end is rammed to the point of overflowing as it will be for numerous games this season , you are bound to be affronted by inebriated cock wombles on an increased frequency......i was going to list the teams where you are likely to be affronted and or offended but it would be far quicker to list the teams for which you will not be assailed by drunken loonies......

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surprised the blokes who ran on the pitch were completely ignored - imagine the club will be in trouble for this?!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
A 5.30 kick off is bound to attract a few drinkers. Us away in London usually brings out a few drunken loons.
For 3000 away fans I thought the atmosphere yesterday was pretty calm and chilled. The city fans were okay.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A 5.30 kick off is bound to attract a few drinkers. Us away in London usually brings out a few drunken loons.
For 3000 away fans I thought the atmosphere yesterday was pretty calm and chilled. The city fans were okay.

These drunken loons are exactly why i love London away days.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
The two I spoke to on the train, where very nice, complementary of the stadium and atmosphere and especially our defence.

They said they were staying down for the night, traveling back Sunday and wanted to know were there is a good karaoke bar. I gave them directions to the Bull Dog in St James Street. Sadly I had to own up as the giggles from others gave the game away.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Having seen how pacy their entire team was, particularly noting how quickly the defence got back on the few occasions we got the ball in an advanced position....
I really am going to miss seeing our players giving the new Mr Villa John Terry a right runaround.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Although we met some decent chaps who knew their stuff on the whole I thought their support was shocking! Heard more from Ipswich! Did they sing until they scored?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Millwall?

My point, hopelessly made, was more their cock-sure swagger . I've encountered plenty of dodgy and drunk fans before but this was new to me. And it was only two groups. There were plenty of City fans roaming around the City being pleasant and normal.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Met a decent group of them in a pub in Brighton during the afternoon, they had a banner up on the railings outside, something like "Sussex City Fans", maybe it's just the northern ones who are knob heads :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here