Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think some of the posters on here need a reality check. It is beyond the experience of ourselves to imagine what it would be like to have won numerous first division titles, and in more recent times, the PL, played in the European Cup (CL), spent insane amounts of money on players, have a 50K plus stadium..... and then have a season opener in the sunshine against, what would be to us, the equivalent of Stevenage Borough or Crawley Town (but with a slightly bigger stadium, and slightly less unhearalded and anonymous players).

The fact that City supporters did not give it large, enter the stadium pointing and chanting 'shit ground no fans' (remember that?) and gee up their players with 'Get into them - **** them up' is what sets them apart from the likes of Millwall, Leeds etc. Exprience. And the context.

If you want chanting, homophobic abuse and 'atmosphere' wait till we play the likes of Palace, Watford, Stains etc.
    You don't need any of that to show a bit of passion.

And they showed none.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Funny thing about it someone has posted some Youtube video of them singing at the beginning and the donut city fans on their saying they ousting us all game.
      Milkman's Son. JamesAndTheGiantHead's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      Funny thing about it someone has posted some Youtube video of them singing at the beginning and the donut city fans on their saying they ousting us all game.
      Link?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesAndTheGiantHead View Post
      Link?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Yep. Awful support. Suppose that's what you have to expect when a football club gets handed everything without earning it.

0 Not allowed!
      Very disappointing support from City, used to winning is the issue here I think.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by martin tyler View Post
      For me they seemed decent people when chatting to a few. I know a few friends up there who couldn't get tickets and they have followed city for years home and away. Not saying it's the case but when the money comes and the success comes the people who wouldn't slum an away day in L1 but have plentty of dollar also come. With the cash they can afford to do more away days than others and soon are at the top of the loyalty points list. There support wasn't what I expected tbh and plenty of other clubs will come down and will be louder than that
      Spoke to a few and they all seemed pretty decent. They did seem to have an older fan base than many teams though so maybe that is why they were quieter than others.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      Very disappointing support from City, used to winning is the issue here I think.
      Disappointing? The day I get disappointed by an away teams turn out or lack of vocal is the day they can nail my lid on

0 Not allowed!
      Entitlement. It's a word we're going to have to get used to this season. City fans turned up, quite reasonably, expecting a comfortable win. As others have said, Brighton is a good day/weekend out as a city but the game itself is not a season highlight. So they stood there shielding their eyes, expecting a hatful. Per head I honestly think they were the quietest I can remember at the Amex. V poor. As we were supping near the Harveys bar before the game, stood nearby was an archetypal Manc: on his own, straggly beard and pocked eyes darting around him, sky blue trainers and windcheater, necking Red Stripe cans he pulled from his white placky bag.

More amusingly, I was cycling back to Lewes and the 28 bus stopped ahead of me and 5 City fans, middle aged and large of girth stumbled off the heaving bus, opposite The Newmarket pub. Now it was apparent that they were overnighting at this horrific chain establishment, presumably having been convinced by Booking.com that it was a rural idyll pub with rooms. Or maybe it was just cheap. Only problem was, it was now 4 lanes of 75 mph+ traffic away. They edged out into lane 1 only to be chased back by a speeding white van. One made a run for it and was stuck on the meagre central reserve. I dinged the rest off the cycle lane and as I passed there was much effing and ffsing as they contemplated their options. Risk life and limb or get the next bus down to the Ashcombe roundabout, cross on the crossing and get a bus back? Collectively, they had 'a right cob on'.

PG
      Harry!Harry!Harry!