Stephens - 4
Brown - n/a
March - 8
Hemed - 3
Gross - 3

Murphy - 6
Murray - 6
AK - 6

They don't come much tougher than that. We'll get much better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ryan - 7
Bruno - 7
Duffy - 7
Dunk 7
Suttner -7
Propper - 5 but watch hime when he settles in as a great potential
Stephens - 5
Brown - n/a
March - 7
Hemed - 6
Gross - 7

Murphy - 8
Murray - 5
AK - 7

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ryan - 6
Bruno - 7
Duffy - 6
Dunk -8
Suttner -6
Propper - 4
Stephens - 4
Brown - n/a
March - 8
Hemed - 3 Far far too slow, sorry chap but you will not do it in the Premier League
Gross - 5

Murphy - 5
Murray - 6
AK - 6

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Ryan 6
Sutter 6
Dunk 6
Duffy 6
Bruno 6
Stephens 5
Propper 4
March 8
Hemed 5
Ak 6
Murray 6
Murphy 5
Brown 5ish

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ryan 7 - some decent saves, and claimed the ball under pressure on a number of occasions. His kicking strategy didn't make a lot of sense mind.
Bruno 7 - improved as the game went on. Has the touch to play at this level.
Duffy 6 - did well, but the make up of our side suited him. Struggled at times with the movement of their forwards though.
Dunk 6 - solid but not as commanding as usual.
Suttner 7 - a decent performance defensively
Propper 5 - gave the ball away carelessly at times, but had absolutely no out ball due to the lack of movement and pace, and Hemed's inability to hold the ball.
Stephens 5 - an awful mistake, but acquitted himself fairly well considering who he was up against and considering he suffered from a lack of options in possession.
March 8 - our best player. Thoroughly disappointing that Hughton's negativity meant that his best work was done in such deep areas, but showed this is potentially his level.
Brown - N/A
Gross 4 - disappointing. Didn't offer the two in midfield protection, nor did he support the forward enough, nor did he offer an outlet in possession.
Hemed 2 - up against 3 centre backs, so it seems unfair to give him a 1. But his performance lacked quality, his movement was awful, he didn't hold the ball up, he didn't run the channels... the quicker Murray and Baldock come back into the team, the better.

Murphy 7 - acquitted himself well defensively and tried to drive forward, but lacked options on the ball.
Murray 6 - offered a focal point almost immediately. Needs to start.
Knocky 6 - came on and offered a spark, although quite why Hughton took the risk after they got their second goal is beyond me.

Hughton 3 - I appreciate it's Man City and the expectation was absolute zero, but if we set up in that manner throughout the season, we will be relegated. Starting five new players in a system that the team hasn't played before against potentially the best side in the country is negligent, but the bigger issue is that being so defensive sends out a worrying message to our squad of players that says "we can't compete at this level, so we're just going to sit back and hope" - this is a serious concern going forward and I do hope to see a much more proactive approach in future games.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ryan 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Sutner 6
Stevens 6
Gross 5
Propper 4
March 5
Hemed 3
Sorry but cant say I enjoyed that. Men against boys. Good to watch how they kept possesion all over field. Big disapointment was how we just hit long hopeless balls which gave them back the ball and when we did have it so often gave it away

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ryan 7
Bruno 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 6
Sutner 6
Stevens 6
Gross 5
Propper 4
March 5
Hemed 3
Sorry but cant say I enjoyed that. Men against boys. Good to watch how they kept possesion all over field. Big disapointment was how we just hit long hopeless balls which gave them back the ball and when we did have it so often gave it away

March 5? Which way was your seat facing?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
March was absolutely superb, deserved man of the match. Some great defensive work too. Pure class to glide past Jesus and Silva.

Credit also to Dunk who was excellent and very unlucky with the own goal.

Couple of sublime bits of skill from Bruno one of which made Aguero look a complete mug. Plenty to be positive about.

And 'that' stop from Matty Ryan in the first half - wow.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ryan 5
Bruno 8 - MoM
Suttner 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 8
Stephens 5
Propper 4
March 7
Brown 6
Gross 6
Hemed 5

Murray 5
Murphy 6
Knockaert 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 6 Not at fault with the goals
Bruno 7 Had a reasonable game
Duffy 6 Didnt do much wrong
Dunk 7 Played well apart fromn OG and losing Jesus for the disallowed goal
Suttner 6 Fitted in well and did the job of restricting Walkers runs.
March 8 the pick of our p[layers helped Bruno out a lot.5
Stephens 5 Too slow in movement and thought so got caught outame
Propper 5 He improved in the 2nd half so will hopefully improve more each game
Brown n/a
Gross 6 Some good nmomenrts I am sure thgere is more to come from him.
Hemed 4 Very slow and unable to hold the ball up or win any headers but not helped by having no support.
Subs

Murphy 5 Made up the numbers but offered very little
Murray 5 Slight improvement on Hemed but not much
Knockhaert 5 Given very little opportunity to do anything constructive.

CH 4 Got the tactics totally wrong as we showed them too much respect and gave them too much room

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ryan 6 I don't blame him for either goal, he looked good and solid. Distribution was a bit off at times, the telepathy will come.
Bruno 7 A few misplaced passes but some lovely touches and was Premier League class.
Duffy 5 A couple of panicky moments but he looked strong and he's perfectly capable at this level.
Dunk 7 No question marks about Dunk.
Suttner 6 He'll be better against lesser opponents when the team is more open. Quality left back.
Pröpper 5 Well, he is a VERY casual player with clear talent but needs to plug his head in a bit.
Stephens 5 He'll improve and he'll get used to playing with Pröpper, they'll be strong together.
March 6 I don't get why he's being so highly marked, a few casual moments in defence and not the day for our attackers.
Gross 6 Not the performance as against Atleti but he showed enough to prove his class.
Brown N/A Doesn't look like someone I want to see starting regularly.
Hemed 5 He battled and he won a couple of duels but it was tough, and he's very limited. Not a Premier League player.

Subs
Murphy 5 Also not a Premier League player, lost the ball which led to the opening goal when he should have put in a cross.
Murray 5 Not in the game as much as he should have been, he's going to be crucial to us.
Knockaert 6 Not impressed with the dive.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hemed - 3 Far far too slow, sorry chap but you will not do it in the Premier League
I'm curious as to what benefit a fast Hemed would have been?

The way I saw the game if Tomer was quick he'd have just been even further away from all his teammates.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

The way I saw the game if Tomer was quick he'd have just been even further away from all his teammates.

How about when he was clear through. Run ten yards and caught easily. Playing one up front needs that person to be able to outrun the defenders when a ball is played in behind, Tomar was running in treacle compared to their defenders.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Because there was plenty of space behind their defence for balls to be played into and for a faster forward to chase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here