Murray - 6
    AK - 5
    I quite fancy taking the night air!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Love View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have you seen the replay, especially from behind him?
      No - that's why I said "I'm not sure .."

My main point was that, if it were an error, you can criticise it, but you can't criticise it on the basis of a guess of what might have followed.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      If we had a forward with pace there might have been someone in the box when Murphy made a breakaway down the wing only to end up with Albion players only just coming over the halfway line when he was in a position to cross.

That's when..could have given us three points too
      Would that be the move started by Hemed, in front of Pep, 5 yards inside our own half?

The move where Hemed was bustled off the ball then fought for it back.
      Tomer then played a pass to Gross (?) who instantly laid the ball off to an already running Murphy.

Your mythical forward with pace, needs to be able to battle robustly for the ball in his own half, by the touchline, AND then out sprint Jamie Murphy who is already 10 yards in front and running at pace.

He shouldn't be too hard to find, after all Sylvester Stallone is a world class 'keeper, anything's possible.
      Last edited by Stat Brother; 13-08-2017 at 14:06.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      It was a mistake by Ryan without doubt as the ball went between his arms and body but whenever that happens it will be a goal which is something we and him have to live with and hope they can improve on it on the training field so it happens less often. As with all keeper world class saves are undone by 1 error. In this case it was a defining moment as we MAY have scored an equaliser against the run of play when 1-0 down.

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan - 6
      Bruno - 7
      Duffy - 7
      Dunk - 6
      Suttner -7
      Propper - 4
      Stephens - 6
      Brown - 5
      March - 7
      Hemed - 6
      Gross - 5

Murphy - 6
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      It was a mistake by Ryan without doubt as the ball went between his arms and body but whenever that happens it will be a goal which is something we and him have to live with and hope they can improve on it on the training field so it happens less often. As with all keeper world class saves are undone by 1 error. In this case it was a defining moment as we MAY have scored an equaliser against the run of play when 1-0 down.
      I don't think there's anyone else on here who thinks it was a defining moment.
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.
      Its All Too Beautiful

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      Ryan 7 - some decent saves, and claimed the ball under pressure on a number of occasions. His kicking strategy didn't make a lot of sense mind.
      Bruno 7 - improved as the game went on. Has the touch to play at this level.
      Duffy 6 - did well, but the make up of our side suited him. Struggled at times with the movement of their forwards though.
      Dunk 6 - solid but not as commanding as usual.
      Suttner 7 - a decent performance defensively
      Propper 5 - gave the ball away carelessly at times, but had absolutely no out ball due to the lack of movement and pace, and Hemed's inability to hold the ball.
      Stephens 5 - an awful mistake, but acquitted himself fairly well considering who he was up against and considering he suffered from a lack of options in possession.
      March 8 - our best player. Thoroughly disappointing that Hughton's negativity meant that his best work was done in such deep areas, but showed this is potentially his level.
      Brown - N/A
      Gross 4 - disappointing. Didn't offer the two in midfield protection, nor did he support the forward enough, nor did he offer an outlet in possession.
      Hemed 2 - up against 3 centre backs, so it seems unfair to give him a 1. But his performance lacked quality, his movement was awful, he didn't hold the ball up, he didn't run the channels... the quicker Murray and Baldock come back into the team, the better.

Murphy 7 - acquitted himself well defensively and tried to drive forward, but lacked options on the ball.
      Murray 6 - offered a focal point almost immediately. Needs to start.
      Knocky 6 - came on and offered a spark, although quite why Hughton took the risk after they got their second goal is beyond me.

Hughton 3 - I appreciate it's Man City and the expectation was absolute zero, but if we set up in that manner throughout the season, we will be relegated. Starting five new players in a system that the team hasn't played before against potentially the best side in the country is negligent, but the bigger issue is that being so defensive sends out a worrying message to our squad of players that says "we can't compete at this level, so we're just going to sit back and hope" - this is a serious concern going forward and I do hope to see a much more proactive approach in future games.
      CH does have a history of setting up defensively, the next month will give us a clue, but he is realistic.it was also his first chance to see his team tested and he my well have drawn some of the conclusions highlighted on here.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Love View Post
      I don't think there's anyone else on here who thinks it was a defining moment.
      There is no denying that it was, as I have explained at 1-0 down an equalizer is always possible at 2-0 down game over and very unlikely to get anything from the game if the 2nd is scored so late on..
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Ryan 6
      Bruno 7.5
      Dunk 7
      Duffy 6.5
      Suttner 7
      March 7.5
      Propper 5
      Stephens 5
      Brown n/a
      Gross 5
      Hemed 4

Murphy 5.5
      Murray 5
      Knockaert 6

I take the point at there being 'no out balls', although I'd re-phrase that as there being insufficient out balls, but we're going to have to pass the ball much better to stay in this league. It'll improve, but there was a bit of stage fright yesterday, and too many passing players weren't on the same wavelength as their recipients.
      Danny Cullip: Hero

0 Not allowed!
      Some are being very harsh on Propper. Yes, he gave the ball away three times in terrible areas in the first half, but I put that down to the fact he looked VERY nervous. He did improve and the way he moved the ball on the two runs he went on showed quality. Not a great performance but I saw enough to suggest he'll be a good player for us.

In terms of the tactics - in hindsight it's easy to say we were too defensive, but if we had held on for a point it would have been an incredible result, and we weren't that far away. If we had played more expansively City would have been out of sight by half time.

I'm sure we'll approach games against lesser teams differently.
      "Well the 30 minutes are almost up Swindon fans... but you're not there yet".........:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: