Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A thread for dunks 2nd long ball out to knockaert

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Absolutely

and it needed at least a shot at the end of it to give it the respect it deserved.

couldn't agree more, Knocky took it down beautifully but too many touches instead of shot with second touch, then embarrassing attempt to claim a pen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he'd looked up he'd have seen Murray pretty much unmarked at the far post.

So that's 2 options instead of giving the moral high ground to Zahahaha and palace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course there is rank! There is at every club. Knocky sees himself as the main man, but if he wants it to stay that way he has to improve his consistency. Massive step up.

Quite easy to see why AK pulls rank. Championship player of the year, most assists, plenty of goals, scares the shit out of opposing defenders. Silkiest player at our club. He has every reason to do so.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Quite easy to see why AK pulls rank. Championship player of the year, most assists, plenty of goals, scares the shit out of opposing defenders. Silkiest player at our club. He has every reason to do so.

Not when it's a dead ball type situation.
All that you mention stems from his fantastic skills and ability to run with the ball at pace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not when it's a dead ball type situation.
All that you mention stems from his fantastic skills and ability to run with the ball at pace.

Yes, but... that is why he pulls rank. Having played football in my youth and mens, it isn't difficult to see the best player pull rank.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but... that is why he pulls rank. Having played football in my youth and mens, it isn't difficult to see the best player pull rank.

True although the very best accept their 'limitations' (t'is the wrong word but you know what I mean) and allow those that can, do.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
True although the very best accept their 'limitations' (t'is the wrong word but you know what I mean) and allow those that can, do.

With talent like Knocky, you have to let them do their thing sometimes. The lad is confidence led, he needs to show people something, whether or not he is doing the right thing. He will reward the team (and us) even in his misdemeanors.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With talent like Knocky, you have to let them do their thing sometimes. The lad is confidence led, he needs to show people something, whether or not he is doing the right thing. He will reward the team (and us) even in his misdemeanors.

I've finally got my arse together and watched MOTD.
More goals than I expected were scored from corners.
The Albion will have plenty more games where dead ball plays will be their only outlet, having only 3 corners, 2 threatening and 1 lobbed into the keepers hands, just isn't going to get the job done, every one must count.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This probably won't work as I'm pretty much computer illiterate. However, if it does work, it should start just as Dunk receives the ball before majestically pinging it 50 yards between the two city defenders straight into Knockaerts stride.

If it doesn't work....you should at least get a full replay of the second half. Fastforawrd to the 80:30 mark and you'll see the pass.

[video]https://ok.ru/video/304074001091[/video]

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This probably won't work as I'm pretty much computer illiterate. However, if it does work, it should start just as Dunk receives the ball before majestically pinging it 50 yards between the two city defenders straight into Knockaerts stride.

If it doesn't work....you should at least get a full replay of the second half. Fastforawrd to the 80:30 mark and you'll see the pass.

[video]https://ok.ru/video/304074001091[/video]

78th minute (not sure what minute in the video) for the first ball, which was also a beauty.

2nd ball is at 36:30 in the linked video, goosebumps!

This link should work https://ok.ru/video/304074001091?fromTime=2191

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
78th minute (not sure what minute in the video) for the first ball, which was also a beauty.

2nd ball is at 36:30 in the linked video, goosebumps!

This link should work https://ok.ru/video/304074001091?fromTime=2191

Ah yes, I should have said 80:30 on the match clock. The first pass is 78:11 on the match clock, i hink. Both great passes but the second one does it for me. It's the way he plays it between their two defenders from 50 yards away, even though they're only five yards apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here