Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's give Burnley Dale Stephens for Ashley Barnes back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
**** me! Overrun with ends on here tonight.

They don't even play the same position.

WTF?!
:mad:

End of thread for me. I cannot be bothered to read the PAGES that followed.

Anyway, yes, people have the right to emote, talk bollocks, whatever.

I suppose.....

:tosser::flounce::shootself

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure I agree. I think the midfield trio will keep us up this season. As for today, they have only just met. Give them a chance.

And therein lies the problem. Do your business at the start of the window and you have a squad who have had a pre-season together. We always leave it late and you then have a shambolic situation where the players are strangers. Why we always do it is beyond me. Hudders had their business done early and look at the result.

And we STILL don't have a striker with pace who can get us goals if we are to carry on playing "park the bus".

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
And therein lies the problem. Do your business at the start of the window and you have a squad who have had a pre-season together. We always leave it late and you then have a shambolic situation where the players are strangers. Why we always do it is beyond me. Hudders had their business done early and look at the result.

And we STILL don't have a striker with pace who can get us goals if we are to carry on playing "park the bus".

Were we done early last season ? did it cause us to fail at the start of last season. Did Huddersfield not make a lightening start last season too ? . Its one game we have had and we played the Title favourites , they played a relegation candidate . Perhaps a bit of a reality check is needed here

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
One of the more bizarre threads on here. I was a fan of Barnes when he was here but there is absolutely no way we'd swap him for Stephens. As usual on here, every time we lose some supporters use it as a chance to slag off individual players. Why not support the players?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Just incredible. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly thick some people can be.

You should contact the club and give them your suggestion, I doubt they'd have thought of that before. Maybe next year they might do what you suggest, rather than all go on holiday and just plan to sort out the transfers once they're back in August again.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know who id trust not to give the ball away

I won't be abusive but I seem to recall that Liverpool nearly had the title in the bag until a certain Mr Gerrard gave the ball away, when he slipped.

It happens.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Just incredible. It never ceases to amaze me how utterly thick some people can be.

You should contact the club and give them your suggestion, I doubt they'd have thought of that before. Maybe next year they might do what you suggest, rather than all go on holiday and just plan to sort out the transfers once they're back in August again.

It really is quite unbelievable how stupid people are

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I, with many others, were as frustrated as you in July/early August, but there's no point moaning about it now. It will be a fresh start for us in September with the final new players.

If Hudd thrive this season and it doesn't work out for us, you'll have a bloody good point.

37 games to go.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Blame PlayStation (or whatever it's called). Transfers happen at the click of a button apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here