Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's give Burnley Dale Stephens for Ashley Barnes back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Outed already then, Stephens is the scapegoat..........

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thought Stephens was poor today, but it will take a few games to get up to speed.

I do think more muscle is need in the middle though

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Ok. I'm not an idiot. But I'm very angry with Stephens. He wanted to leave. Now he's fine because we are in the premiership. And let me be clear. I thought our performance was excellent tonight. I thought Solly was superb. Duffy (who also made a mistake like Stephens) also superb. Bruno was great. Ryan solid. And I think the most underrated tonight was Jamie Murphy who consistently held the ball up and didn't give it away. I'm just disappointed in Stephens who wanted to engineer a move to Burnley and was tonight for me like he was against Atletico lacking in concentration.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ok. I'm not an idiot. But I'm very angry with Stephens. He wanted to leave. Now he's fine because we are in the premiership. And let me be clear. I thought our performance was excellent tonight. I thought Solly was superb. Duffy (who also made a mistake like Stephens) also superb. Bruno was great. Ryan solid. And I think the most underrated tonight was Jamie Murphy who consistently held the ball up and didn't give it away. I'm just disappointed in Stephens who wanted to engineer a move to Burnley and was tonight for me like he was against Atletico lacking in concentration.

There we go then. You have an agenda against Stephens - nothing else needs to be said.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Twats are out early really do not understand many on here it was our first game against the team that are favourites to win the whole thing we held them for 80 mins we let in after a sustained spell of pressure and the second was just one of those things onwards and upwards.

I saw a lot of good things out there today Solly looks like he has always played EPL Duffy was a tower Stephens Propper and Grob project in progress but the signs are there, Tomer work hard as he always does Murrey let them know he was on the pitch, Ryan great shot stopper I saw a team that were organised defended in numbers and were outdone by a very good team.

We need a few weeks to find our feet get the new players we have and those yet to come in bed down, I honestly expected a good drubbing anything better than 0-4 was going to be acceptable in my eyes and it's one goal better than our last first game in the top flight

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Twats are out early really do not understand many on here it was our first game against the team that are favourites to win the whole thing we held them for 80 mins we let in after a sustained spell of pressure and the second was just one of those things onwards and upwards.

I saw a lot of good things out there today Solly looks like he has always played EPL Duffy was a tower Stephens Propper and Grob project in progress but the signs are there, Tomer work hard as he always does Murrey let them know he was on the pitch, Ryan great shot stopper I saw a team that were organised defended in numbers and were outdone by a very good team.

We need a few weeks to find our feet get the new players we have and those yet to come in bed down, I honestly expected a good drubbing anything better than 0-4 was going to be acceptable in my eyes and it's one goal better than our last first game in the top flight

Spot on.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wow. I think we learned that Stephens isn't good enough to play for, say, Barcelona. I doubt he thinks he's good enough to play for Barcelona.

Let's see how he does against the Premier League sides we need to beat shall we? Rather than the Champions League standard ones.

OP. What an absolute melt.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Wow. I think we learned that Stephens isn't good enough to play for, say, Barcelona. I doubt he thinks he's good enough to play for Barcelona.

Let's see how he does against the Premier League sides we need to beat shall we? Rather than the Champions League standard ones.

OP. What an absolute melt.
That's me.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Barnes played the same position under Poyet. It's because idiot fans who thought he was still a striker didn't know what Poyet was doing with Barnes that he left. He's exactly the sort of player we need right now.

Stopped reading after the first 7 words of this

Barnes NEVER played central midfield, sometimes as a left sided midfield, support striker but never a central midfielder.

boik

There were lots of things I was dreading about being in the top league, but I'd forgotten the worst - the sudden scurrying influx od moaners when things don't go well. Looks like we have our scapegoat for the season sorted early.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Stopped reading after the first 7 words of this

Barnes NEVER played central midfield, sometimes as a left sided midfield, support striker but never a central midfielder.
Shame you stopped reading. You might have learned something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here