Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities slagging us off on twitter....

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Rodney Marsh and Danny Baker on my Twitter making snide remarks. I think I'm gonna have to grow a thicker skin this year. No famous people ever used to slate us before :down::

Boo hoo! Don't go on there then if you are so sensitive that you let a couple of Z listers worry you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
And yet somehow his Saturday morning show is the best thing on radio 5 by a street. Remarkable.

What does that say about radio 5? :D
I have listened to the show and enjoyed it, other days I have switched it off because he was getting on my nerves.

Radio 5 is only worth listening on a digital radio, the signal is terrible otherwise if I try to listen in my van.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well done to Stevie and Frank. Old school principles, in contrast to an arrogant prima Donna.

I didn't like Frank Lampard's views about us showing ''no attacking intent''.

He is entitled to his views because he is being paid for those views. That said, this was a difficult match to start our PL Campaign in and we are not here to go out and ''gung ho'' leave ourselves open to a 7-0 hammering just so that they can salivate over these Multi Million Pound players which Man City have just purchased

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just tweet Rodney back.

Ask him if he knows any "hilarious" Toonarmy jokes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I didn't like Frank Lampard's views about us showing ''no attacking intent''.

He is entitled to his views because he is being paid for those views. That said, this was a difficult match to start our PL Campaign in and we are not here to go out and ''gung ho'' leave ourselves open to a 7-0 hammering just so that they can salivate over these Multi Million Pound players which Man City have just purchased

But what he said was true as we showed no attacking intent at all. City wing backs forced our wide men back as additional defenders and both Hemed and then Murray were unable to hold the ball for others coming forward as there was no player doing that. A team cannot expect to set up defensively against top opposition and not concede a goal in 90 minutes. To get any points we have to get somebody forward and score a goal. This was never going to happen yesterday with only a couple of hit and hope shots to show for our efforts. Lets hope Izquierdo can add the missing link.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Rodney Marsh and Danny Baker on my Twitter making snide remarks. I think I'm gonna have to grow a thicker skin this year. No famous people ever used to slate us before :down::

After all the flaming is done this is a fair enough point. We've been media darlings and everybody's favourite heart warming story for the last few years. That all changes now. Now that we are actually crashing the Premier League party we can expect lots of snide remarks about our not being worthy of our place.

I don't honestly care though. Let them say what they want. I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But what he said was true as we showed no attacking intent at all. City wing backs forced our wide men back as additional defenders and both Hemed and then Murray were unable to hold the ball for others coming forward as there was no player doing that. A team cannot expect to set up defensively against top opposition and not concede a goal in 90 minutes. To get any points we have to get somebody forward and score a goal. This was never going to happen yesterday with only a couple of hit and hope shots to show for our efforts. Lets hope Izquierdo can add the missing link.

Inter Milan under Jose Mourhino won the Champions League against Bayern Munich and Chelsea did the same against Bayern and won it - Not pretty but it is possible for less talented squads of players to get productive results playing that way and sometimes it is the only way to gain productive results against teams who have far superior players by virtue of the monetary power they wield

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Baker was excellent during the Fans United campaign, he was also very supportive when we played Hereford. Aren't people just being a bit precious?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Danny Baker supports Millwall. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Baker slagged us fans off though yesterday not just the team

#prodnose said that he wanted City to win because they are a mystery to him as a Millwall fan, whereas his team have played Brighton often. He said that he had no warmth for us 'oddly entitled' Brighton fans. In other words, we have beaten Millwall far too often for his liking. I see no issue in the slightest with this. It's a proper football fan's view and a refreshing change from the patronising we will be generally be getting from those who know nothing and don't have a dog in the fight this season. If it had been Millwall playing City, I'd have wanted City to win too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here