Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

How yer feeling?

1 Not allowed!
    Born as I was in Manchester in the heartland of City fans, with a massive City fan for a Grandad - 96 and still with us! I'm feeling okay to be honest. I was seriously expecting a genuine pasting, and although statistically we were a little bit out of our depth, we were not disgraced.

We had a plan to frustrate and we did, we lost our step twice and were duly punished. Welcome to the show my friends.

Chris will soon decide if Stephens, for example, is good enough, and if not make the changes to our shape/team to compensate.

Lastly, and most pertinently, I think a draw or indeed a win (HA!) today may have been a false dawn. Swiftly followed by two sobering defeats. As it happens; I rather think we may see one or two points picked up against teams we need be competing with.

As Clough once said, about the Albion I believe: "We don't deserve to live with..." City... Just yet.

Onward.
    On the road to find out...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      I am all over the place at the moment on this one.
      I suppose I may have taken 0-2 before kick off but I was hoping we would hold on and I thought we was going to for a while there.
      But you just cannot give the ball away as much as we did throughout nearly the whole match and we finally got punished for it.
      Both City goals came from our mistakes not from their general play.
      Maybe it was too early to give him his debut but I thought Propper had a nightmare and Stephens not much better, Ryan really should have saved the OG.
      But we have a very good defence, Solly although not many chances looked more than good and Knocky did not play.I think we will get better and we are above Palace.

16 Not allowed!
      Feeling fine! Spirited performance against a team widely tipped to win the league.

Contrast that against a woeful performance against a team widely tipped for relegation.

Mind the gap and all that.
      I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN SteveTheSeagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Feeling like every time we face a team like city we could just bend over and take it. Well why not every one else seems fine taking it.

4 Not allowed!
      The only thing you can do with teams that have 20 plus better spending money than your team is try and disrupt them which we did pretty well, I was impressed.
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      I'm happy.

Murray & Knockert for Hemed and Brown and i think we'll beat Leicester.

3 Not allowed!
      Mixed, but more positive.

I feel that the lose was the most likely result - but our defence was brilliant, it wasn't as though we were sliced up and ripped apart. Individual mistakes led the goal. Collectively, we were superb. We need a stronger midfield though, or atleast better than what it was.
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As I said I dont know just assumed
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      OK so far, but if we lose the next few as well I could get a bit tense.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

How yer feeling?

3 Not allowed!
      We're above Palace in the Premier League having played the favourites. March, Bruno and Ryan looked very good. Our potential three best players in Knocky, Izquierdo & New Striker X had less than 30mins combined. We can be so much better and will be so much better.

I'm concerned about the injury to Brown, I can see a lengthy time out. Stephens & Propper needed a full pre-season together and it was the Dutchman who a worse bet than Norwood.

Nevermind. We'll get a lot better and will start picking up points from the next match: I feel good but no ecstatic !!!!
      :guitar:

1 Not allowed!
      Today we setup Greece 2004 style, lacking a world class target man and actual luck! I'm with Chris re this, against the BIG four or five (as our squad stands) it remains the most likely way to smash and grab or score a draw.

I remain sure we will give it a proper go against the lesser lights. Managing the energy draining and ultimately fruitless big game adrenaline fests, is perhaps Chris' greatest challenge. For me he did that today, conserving our high tempo moments for the matches against the teams we have better odds of actually beating.

My biggest worry is our lack of goal (striking) threat, we need to score first next time out, otherwise teams will soon confidently and quite rightly assume that once ahead of us we're dead and buried.
      On the road to find out...