Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How yer feeling?

Losing against the Billionaires isn't inevitable - Watford and Burnley both showed that today. I think the players mostly carried out the tactics well with the exception of one or two (or three but no more) who looked a bit lost. I just don't think inviting them right up to your box has a very good percentage outcome. I'd rather try to press and disrupt teams more - we had no plan with the ball I could see, we weren't passing but knocking direct balls - yet with one up front Hemed never stood a chance with that

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I thought it was a decent performance with the expected result.
I never rated Stephens as I thought he was too slow in the championship, although I think Propper may well become a decent signing. Hemmed looked as though he was running backwards at times and I didn't see anything from Murray but may have missed it. Keeper looked decent as did the rest and Solly and Dunk with time and patience could even shine.
Thankfully we won't play them every week as they were very poor today, mid-season could have been painful.
Probably get 3 points from LFC as they will have no idea how to get through that defence!
All in all, especially when sonsidering palace lost to uddesfield not too bad at all.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Born as I was in Manchester in the heartland of City fans, with a massive City fan for a Grandad - 96 and still with us! I'm feeling okay to be honest. I was seriously expecting a genuine pasting, and although statistically we were a little bit out of our depth, we were not disgraced.

We had a plan to frustrate and we did, we lost our step twice and were duly punished. Welcome to the show my friends.

Chris will soon decide if Stephens, for example, is good enough, and if not make the changes to our shape/team to compensate.

Lastly, and most pertinently, I think a draw or indeed a win (HA!) today may have been a false dawn. Swiftly followed by two sobering defeats. As it happens; I rather think we may see one or two points picked up against teams we need be competing with.

As Clough once said, about the Albion I believe: "We don't deserve to live with..." City... Just yet.

Onward.
I think you have to be careful what you say about Stephens. Some people appear to like him more than me....

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I thought it was a decent performance with the expected result.
I never rated Stephens as I thought he was too slow in the championship, although I think Propper may well become a decent signing. Hemmed looked as though he was running backwards at times and I didn't see anything from Murray but may have missed it. Keeper looked decent as did the rest and Solly and Dunk with time and patience could even shine.
Thankfully we won't play them every week as they were very poor today, mid-season could have been painful.
Probably get 3 points from LFC as they will have no idea how to get through that defence!
All in all, especially when sonsidering palace lost to uddesfield not too bad at all.

Have you been drinking !!??

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
March was excellent first half but faded 2nd half.

Bruno was my MOTM. Brilliant performance.

Hemed should have been sold to Reading. Simply not good enough and slow.

Disappointed we didn't open up after going one down. Deserved to get beat

Could still be playing and we wouldn't score.

Ryan needs to release ball a bit quicker

Hard to judge overall because we are playing one of the best teams.

I would like to to see red cards produced for deliberately using your hand to score.

I'm praying Hughton isn't to negative in the Prem as this what grated the Norwich fans. We were at home and could have been a bit more adventurous.

Nice to actually see a 30k crowd and no gaps.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm drunk but very happy. Very proud of the Brighton fans tonight and even prouder to have Bruno as our captain. My MoM too. I love the bloke.

theboybilly

City played a high line - higher than we've come up against in ages. Once we were caught offside inches inside the City half. I dont think too many teams are capable of playing this system. Once we'd lost Brown we only had March to exploit by using pace and City could double-up on him. Hemed just couldn't make progress. I think the Albion did so well but after bringing on Murray the majority of players were tired. This is what to expect from a top side. City were excellent - no shame in losing to that lot. Many many positives to take from that game - Gross played well as did Dunk and Duffy. Bruno is fine at this level. Stephens made one mistake that everyone will remember but did great work at times with a hesitant partner. We'll be alright with pace up front

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought we did ok. We needed to be more clinical with passing and less panicky but that will come. It was a huge game. I do worry about Hemed & Murray as attacking options though. Let's see how the next couple of games go..

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I'm praying Hughton isn't too negative in the Prem as this what grated the Norwich fans. We were at home and could have been a bit more adventurous.

Tend to agree with this posters thoughts as do not care who the opposition are . Have belief and no fear .

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Born as I was in Manchester in the heartland of City fans, with a massive City fan for a Grandad - 96 and still with us! I'm feeling okay to be honest. I was seriously expecting a genuine pasting, and although statistically we were a little bit out of our depth, we were not disgraced.

We had a plan to frustrate and we did, we lost our step twice and were duly punished. Welcome to the show my friends.

Chris will soon decide if Stephens, for example, is good enough, and if not make the changes to our shape/team to compensate.

Lastly, and most pertinently, I think a draw or indeed a win (HA!) today may have been a false dawn. Swiftly followed by two sobering defeats. As it happens; I rather think we may see one or two points picked up against teams we need be competing with.

As Clough once said, about the Albion I believe: "We don't deserve to live with..." City... Just yet.

Onward.

Sod off back to Manchester.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure how I feel this morning. I know it was City bla bla bla but we were just so out of our depth.3 games time we will have a better idea after playing 3 of last years mid table teams I suppose.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Have to say I thought given the situation we did okay. With what City have spent this summer, you could build the Amex, build the training facility buy our squad and have change for Tony to have a flutter at the poker table. For large parts of the game they never looked like scoring despite their dominance in possession.

City are going to beat better teams than us this season and by a bigger score line. The only way we were going to get anything out of this game was by parking the bus and frustrating them and for 70 minutes we did just that.

My only concern is the way that we gave the ball away so easily. I hope that now the players have an idea of what playing in the Premier League is like, we will be able to address this for future games. The style of football in the division is different and no matter how much training you do, the only real way to learn is to go out there and find out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree 100% with this. And I'm feeling good :bigwave:

Onward.

I am concerned that we were totally out of depth I know it was city and title favourites and all that but I thought we would at least have a few chances and put them under some pressure but we just didn't get out of our half for 85 mins and city just played a training game. We will struggle against anyone giving the ball away the few times we had it and if we played well as many say we did then we have serious problems this season to get even 10 points by may

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Enjoyed the match commentary praising Dunk and the BHA defence.

Once we lose our nerves and bed in the mid-field a bit more, I think we will be ok.

Yes, we do need a real danger-man up front.

Bed still dry.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here