Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How yer feeling?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Born as I was in Manchester in the heartland of City fans, with a massive City fan for a Grandad - 96 and still with us! I'm feeling okay to be honest. I was seriously expecting a genuine pasting, and although statistically we were a little bit out of our depth, we were not disgraced.

We had a plan to frustrate and we did, we lost our step twice and were duly punished. Welcome to the show my friends.

Chris will soon decide if Stephens, for example, is good enough, and if not make the changes to our shape/team to compensate.

Lastly, and most pertinently, I think a draw or indeed a win (HA!) today may have been a false dawn. Swiftly followed by two sobering defeats. As it happens; I rather think we may see one or two points picked up against teams we need be competing with.

As Clough once said, about the Albion I believe: "We don't deserve to live with..." City... Just yet.

Onward.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am all over the place at the moment on this one.
I suppose I may have taken 0-2 before kick off but I was hoping we would hold on and I thought we was going to for a while there.
But you just cannot give the ball away as much as we did throughout nearly the whole match and we finally got punished for it.
Both City goals came from our mistakes not from their general play.
Maybe it was too early to give him his debut but I thought Propper had a nightmare and Stephens not much better, Ryan really should have saved the OG.
But we have a very good defence, Solly although not many chances looked more than good and Knocky did not play.I think we will get better and we are above Palace.

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Feeling like every time we face a team like city we could just bend over and take it. Well why not every one else seems fine taking it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The only thing you can do with teams that have 20 plus better spending money than your team is try and disrupt them which we did pretty well, I was impressed.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Mixed, but more positive.

I feel that the lose was the most likely result - but our defence was brilliant, it wasn't as though we were sliced up and ripped apart. Individual mistakes led the goal. Collectively, we were superb. We need a stronger midfield though, or atleast better than what it was.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
OK so far, but if we lose the next few as well I could get a bit tense.

:eek:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We're above Palace in the Premier League having played the favourites. March, Bruno and Ryan looked very good. Our potential three best players in Knocky, Izquierdo & New Striker X had less than 30mins combined. We can be so much better and will be so much better.

I'm concerned about the injury to Brown, I can see a lengthy time out. Stephens & Propper needed a full pre-season together and it was the Dutchman who a worse bet than Norwood.

Nevermind. We'll get a lot better and will start picking up points from the next match: I feel good but no ecstatic !!!!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Today we setup Greece 2004 style, lacking a world class target man and actual luck! I'm with Chris re this, against the BIG four or five (as our squad stands) it remains the most likely way to smash and grab or score a draw.

I remain sure we will give it a proper go against the lesser lights. Managing the energy draining and ultimately fruitless big game adrenaline fests, is perhaps Chris' greatest challenge. For me he did that today, conserving our high tempo moments for the matches against the teams we have better odds of actually beating.

My biggest worry is our lack of goal (striking) threat, we need to score first next time out, otherwise teams will soon confidently and quite rightly assume that once ahead of us we're dead and buried.

Thought Bruno was our best player. Stephens & Prosper were poor. No service to the forward(s), but at half time, I started to believe we could hang on for 0-0 & perhaps grab that win with our purple patch in the second half. City were in second or third gear for the match & only 22% possession for us was disappointing. Crowd was brill though City's fans were quiet. Never really expected anything from this game but we will need to pick up something, ideally 3 points at Leicester or Watford ..

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Shafted
88fb2408bed5f067b9e6368849450c3f.jpg

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Fairly happy with the scoreline. We were going to lose all day long and we held out for 70 minutes which was good but I'm concerned about just how bad we were in possession. It was like passing was a new concept. We're much better than that. We have to get some self belief back. Players looked crest fallen at the end. Take it on the chin, take a long hard look in the mirror and move on.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It was a good lesson, you cannot squander possession, we had 5 players making their debut and if Kayal had been fit, he would have played with Stephens today. Propper improved second half. Bruno and March really shone and when AK came on he really added something. I fear Murray or Hemed will not be the answer this season, as much as I like both of them,
Pace will be crucial this year. We werent embarrassed and the nerves were pretty obvious to see. Hughton will pick the players up and there will be more additions before the end of the window. I feel confident that we will do the easonably well this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're above Palace in the Premier League having played the favourites. March, Bruno and Ryan looked very good. Our potential three best players in Knocky, Izquierdo & New Striker X had less than 30mins combined. We can be so much better and will be so much better.

I'm concerned about the injury to Brown, I can see a lengthy time out. Stephens & Propper needed a full pre-season together and it was the Dutchman who a worse bet than Norwood.

Nevermind. We'll get a lot better and will start picking up points from the next match: I feel good but no ecstatic !!!!
Yep, somewhere there or thereabouts.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At half-time, I was delighted. The shape was excellent, but it is hard to play without the ball and tiredness was evident.

Poor mistake by Stephens and Ryan.

Would have taken 0-2, but was left wondering what could have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Suspect Guardiola will be more disappointed than CH. City were pretty sloppy themselves at times and really didn't get out of second gear most of the match.

Thought we defended pretty well overall and kept pushing them back.

Problem was we were poor in midfield and kept giving the ball straight back to them.

Hard to judge Hemed and Gross given their lack of service today but I just don't see Hemed as effective outside the box as he lacks pace and sufficient control to take it forward from distance or hold up.

Our most effective moments were on the counter hitting it long to the forwards. Nearly worked with AK! We're going to need some pacy forwards to get a result with this tactic though (sure I read a thread or ten about this already!).

Don't think I'll panic just yet......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here