Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Members
    Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

1 Not allowed!
    Losing against the Billionaires isn't inevitable - Watford and Burnley both showed that today. I think the players mostly carried out the tactics well with the exception of one or two (or three but no more) who looked a bit lost. I just don't think inviting them right up to your box has a very good percentage outcome. I'd rather try to press and disrupt teams more - we had no plan with the ball I could see, we weren't passing but knocking direct balls - yet with one up front Hemed never stood a chance with that
    "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I thought it was a decent performance with the expected result.
      I never rated Stephens as I thought he was too slow in the championship, although I think Propper may well become a decent signing. Hemmed looked as though he was running backwards at times and I didn't see anything from Murray but may have missed it. Keeper looked decent as did the rest and Solly and Dunk with time and patience could even shine.
      Thankfully we won't play them every week as they were very poor today, mid-season could have been painful.
      Probably get 3 points from LFC as they will have no idea how to get through that defence!
      All in all, especially when sonsidering palace lost to uddesfield not too bad at all.
      Re-living the dream with BHA

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Born as I was in Manchester in the heartland of City fans, with a massive City fan for a Grandad - 96 and still with us! I'm feeling okay to be honest. I was seriously expecting a genuine pasting, and although statistically we were a little bit out of our depth, we were not disgraced.

We had a plan to frustrate and we did, we lost our step twice and were duly punished. Welcome to the show my friends.

Chris will soon decide if Stephens, for example, is good enough, and if not make the changes to our shape/team to compensate.

Lastly, and most pertinently, I think a draw or indeed a win (HA!) today may have been a false dawn. Swiftly followed by two sobering defeats. As it happens; I rather think we may see one or two points picked up against teams we need be competing with.

As Clough once said, about the Albion I believe: "We don't deserve to live with..." City... Just yet.

Onward.
      I think you have to be careful what you say about Stephens. Some people appear to like him more than me....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Southern Scouse View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I thought it was a decent performance with the expected result.
      I never rated Stephens as I thought he was too slow in the championship, although I think Propper may well become a decent signing. Hemmed looked as though he was running backwards at times and I didn't see anything from Murray but may have missed it. Keeper looked decent as did the rest and Solly and Dunk with time and patience could even shine.
      Thankfully we won't play them every week as they were very poor today, mid-season could have been painful.
      Probably get 3 points from LFC as they will have no idea how to get through that defence!
      All in all, especially when sonsidering palace lost to uddesfield not too bad at all.
      Have you been drinking !!??

0 Not allowed!
      Everything Daddy Hoo has said on the official shite is spot on. Magnifique team

1 Not allowed!
      March was excellent first half but faded 2nd half.

Bruno was my MOTM. Brilliant performance.

Hemed should have been sold to Reading. Simply not good enough and slow.

Disappointed we didn't open up after going one down. Deserved to get beat

Could still be playing and we wouldn't score.

Ryan needs to release ball a bit quicker

Hard to judge overall because we are playing one of the best teams.

I would like to to see red cards produced for deliberately using your hand to score.

I'm praying Hughton isn't to negative in the Prem as this what grated the Norwich fans. We were at home and could have been a bit more adventurous.

Nice to actually see a 30k crowd and no gaps.
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

1 Not allowed!
      I'm drunk but very happy. Very proud of the Brighton fans tonight and even prouder to have Bruno as our captain. My MoM too. I love the bloke.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Proud of the lads today, but worrying we had no attacking threat whatsoever
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      City played a high line - higher than we've come up against in ages. Once we were caught offside inches inside the City half. I dont think too many teams are capable of playing this system. Once we'd lost Brown we only had March to exploit by using pace and City could double-up on him. Hemed just couldn't make progress. I think the Albion did so well but after bringing on Murray the majority of players were tired. This is what to expect from a top side. City were excellent - no shame in losing to that lot. Many many positives to take from that game - Gross played well as did Dunk and Duffy. Bruno is fine at this level. Stephens made one mistake that everyone will remember but did great work at times with a hesitant partner. We'll be alright with pace up front
      Lording it in WSL
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Worried zero pace in team Huddersfield looked very good missing two / three players and need them quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk