Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Comfortable in possession but derelict of duties covering back

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Comfortable in possession but derelict of duties covering back

Perhaps, nothing stood out to me as being particularly care free. That's not his game I suppose. What we really lacked today were cool heads on the ball, with the skill to slow the game down for a second and then play a decent pass. Dunk, March, Bruno and Brown were the players that stood out for me today for having cool heads and composure.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8066406 said:
Perhaps, nothing stood out to me as being particularly care free. That's not his game I suppose. What we really lacked today were cool heads on the ball, with the skill to slow the game down for a second and then play a decent pass. Dunk, March, Bruno and Brown were the players that stood out for me today for having cool heads and composure.

Cool heads for sure, some of ours were too quick to get rid of the ball and not composed

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A least Murphy was able to keep the boo-boys at bay.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For all of what? 15 minutes?

He should have been picking up the person on the wing and left them unmarked so Suttner had two on one

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8066406 said:
I think we were a bit overawed by the City 'superstars' today. I thought we might be in their faces from the start but backed off until they got to about 35 yards out. Difficult with their skill on the ball but there wasn't much outlet when we had the ball. Need to improve the ball retention. No matter how we look at the game a defeat is a defeat and its 3 points we won't get. I hope to get 4-6 points from the next two games so its all to play for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think maybe judge him on a full 90. Maybe against a team not expected to win the league. Maybe. What do I know?

Well not really, I judge him on what I saw - had it carried on like that in my view we would have conceded a lot earlier but it is a game of opinions

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Fair point we will have to agree to disagree :thumbsup:

I don't agree! I thought Izzy looked quality, and if we'd have had more cool heads on the ball we would have been able to gradually get a foothold in midfield. Losing him made it that much harder for us to string a few passes together, take the pressure off the defence and gain confidence. While he may not have tracked back quite as enthusiastically as Murphy I actually think his contributions would have helped us get going.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So did I but he was left two on one early in the game far too often

I agree with that too....Brown looked a tad confused whether to go wide or stay inside and ended up doing neither...early days..but looks more comfortable CM or number ten role?...but then i'm just a punter

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree with that too....Brown looked a tad confused whether to go wide or stay inside and ended up doing neither...early days..but looks more comfortable CM or number ten role?...but then i'm just a punter

Thought Brown was disappointing, confused (positionally), just about sums it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here