Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans today

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Atmosphere will be crucial.

It's rare to have home fans singing "You x up and you still don't sing" - City didn't exactly worry me too much when we consider the first goal is what we expect from world class players to pounce on mistakes, the second goal was unfortunate. It wasn't like they carved us open.

We need improvement in the midfield, that's a given but I don't think we were THAT bad.

Could be worse, could have lost 3-0 to Huddersfield...at home.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Was a great noise. It's got to be like that against everyone to make is as hard a place to come as possible. People keep writing brighton will be a nice easy place to come we must make sure it's not

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Atmosphere will be crucial.

It's rare to have home fans singing "You x up and you still don't sing" - City didn't exactly worry me too much when we consider the first goal is what we expect from world class players to pounce on mistakes, the second goal was unfortunate. It wasn't like they carved us open.

We need improvement in the midfield, that's a given but I don't think we were THAT bad.

Could be worse, could have lost 3-0 to Huddersfield...at home.

I completely agree. Although, we need to score goals as well as defend resolutely (which we did for most of the game) Proper looked poor but maybe too soon to judge and if Burnley still want Stephens then let's talk. Most of all we need a front man who can at the very least occupy a couple of the oppositions players and we don't have that yet. I thought Hemed looked out of his depth in the first half and Murray wasn't given enough time to make a difference.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I completely agree. Although, we need to score goals as well as defend resolutely (which we did for most of the game) Proper looked poor but maybe too soon to judge and if Burnley still want Stephens then let's talk. Most of all we need a front man who can at the very least occupy a couple of the oppositions players and we don't have that yet. I thought Hemed looked out of his depth in the first half and Murray wasn't given enough time to make a difference.

We do need to score, I think the problem with that is that Gross and Hemed were completely isolated and there was no link between the midfield and the strikers. I don't agree with Hemed looking out of depth, we all know he has no pace of note. He was always going to struggle in that situation. I wouldn't say he will be a good player for us in this league, but I don't think it's fair to say he was out of depth.

Esquirdo looks to be more of a crucial signing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tony will be pleased that we ingratiated ourselves with middle eastern oil money.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

We do need to score, I think the problem with that is that Gross and Hemed were completely isolated and there was no link between the midfield and the strikers. I don't agree with Hemed looking out of depth, we all know he has no pace of note. He was always going to struggle in that situation. I wouldn't say he will be a good player for us in this league, but I don't think it's fair to say he was out of depth.

Esquirdo looks to be more of a crucial signing.

Oi you two: none of that player talk on my fan praise thread!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
As a (sort of) neutral i thought Brighton's support was excellent all game. City are usually quite poor, well, they are when they come to us. Shame the result didn't go your way- I was looking forward to hearing the roar if you had managed to score.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To the Hard core fellas who took exception to me taking photos of the 11empty seats around me at 80minutes in East Upper.

I'm really afraid of both of you :moo:
Apparently you are both there this season - bring your dad's :moo:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Our support was fantastic, City's was very disappointing and more than a bit pathetic.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here