Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Nice to be on our feet for Lord B. Great for the Albion to actually have control of the ball in midfield for more than 30 seconds for the only time in the match at exactly this time. Why didn't someone shoot, then we could have attributed the first goal of the premier league to LB? Typical of the Albion to concede instantly after this!! I'm sure he was chuckling away on high

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

4 Not allowed!
      I'm not sure how many of you noticed but quite a few City fans applauded too. That was respectful.
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Point of order - what is the correct procedure if the opposition score during a minutes applause? Does everyone ignore it and carry on?
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

1 Not allowed!
      I thought it was funny that City scored almost immediately afterwards. Lord B would have had a wry laugh at that. The tribute was very fitting

1 Not allowed!
      I'll miss seeing Ed at the football. He always had time for a chat.

A top guy, without whom I don't think we'd have got our stadium. A minutes applause was the least we could do.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think that it was a fitting tribute to Ed but on a personal note, not that I shall be in that position, but I prefer that it is done before kick off rather than during the game and the game is left to continue but I am sure others will disagree just a matter of choice.
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      It's clear that Ed deserved it. It was right. Albion were attacking too (at that point). I was so willing them on.

The timing of the original post and its current example is what caused me annoyance here rather than the question being posed.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This with bells on. I'm not a fan of these sorts of things but without Ed Bassford we probably wouldn't have the Amex and therefore extremely unlikely to be in the PL today. That man deserved this a dozen times over.
      I know many worship knight but in my eyes it was the fans that got us where we're and bloom took us to the next level....fans like this great man in LB were massive in our quest in surviving.
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      I didn't know there was one

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think that it was a fitting tribute to Ed but on a personal note, not that I shall be in that position, but I prefer that it is done before kick off rather than during the game and the game is left to continue but I am sure others will disagree just a matter of choice.
      I agree, a minute's applause before kick-off. During the game, you are trying to concentrate on the match and, as others have said. what happens if a goal is scored during that minute? I don't know when it became a 'thing' to have it during the match but before ko would be much better.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*