Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67
  1. #31

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr deez View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know today's was important, but please let that be the last. In a game like that, I just don't think it's helpful, or anywhere near a fitting tribute as all are on the edge of their seats. God forbid what happens when we concede during one.
    You are our first premier league cockwomble.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Sarisbury Green, Southampton
      Posts
      2,607


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr deez View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I know today's was important, but please let that be the last. In a game like that, I just don't think it's helpful, or anywhere near a fitting tribute as all are on the edge of their seats. God forbid what happens when we concede during one.
      I think you've made a massive misjudgement there mate. It was a great and fully deserved tribute and more important than any one match.
    • #33
      Fake News Police Ninja Elephant's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Posts
      16,808


      0 Not allowed!
      I think the point he made is that it isn't fitting in every case but I don't think that anyone who understands who Ed was would have any problem with it. Others have said all that needs saying, [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] said it best - "Ed was our best ever player who never actually played". He deserved that kind of recognition from our supporters. It was a just and fitting tribute.
    • #34
      Members Technohead's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      115


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Dan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is this a wind up? We actually had one of our best passages of play during the applause.
      Indeed ..... my applause stuttered a little as we went forward, as I was urging Albion to get a goal for Ed. How fitting would that have been.
    • #35
      Members teaboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      My house
      Posts
      1,861


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr deez View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe I was a bit too quick to start a debate on the rights/wrongs of a minutes applause, and apologies if I've come across as disrespectful.
      No worries. I certainly don't think the criticism is disrespectful. It's a tricky situation - doing something during play is always going to be open to events on the pitch. So what do you do? Something at half time would be missed by many. A pre-match minute's silence is the other option, but that's weird for the opposition players and fans.

      I don't know what the right answer is. If it had been an Albion goal everyone would be saying how fitting it was. If there'd been a dull minute in midfield it would be fine. As it is, Dad would feel vindicated that he was right (as always!) that these things are silly. We're just glad he wasn't 70!

      Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
      "For 50 quid you're gonna want some ding & dong!!" - SB
    • #36
      worshipping Omiros
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      39,784


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr deez View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe I was a bit too quick to start a debate on the rights/wrongs of a minutes applause, and apologies if I've come across as disrespectful.
      I would just slip away and stop trying to ingratiate yourself on us...it looks a bit desparate to be honest.
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #37
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Playing snooker
      Posts
      12,144


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by teaboy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No worries. I certainly don't think the criticism is disrespectful. It's a tricky situation - doing something during play is always going to be open to events on the pitch. So what do you do? Something at half time would be missed by many. A pre-match minute's silence is the other option, but that's weird for the opposition players and fans.

      I don't know what the right answer is. If it had been an Albion goal everyone would be saying how fitting it was. If there'd been a dull minute in midfield it would be fine. As it is, Dad would feel vindicated that he was right (as always!) that these things are silly. We're just glad he wasn't 70!
      Blimey - talk about a chip of the old block!

      I hope you're going to stick about.
    • #38
      Members PTC Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      A little piece of Sussex below Atlanta, GA, USA
      Posts
      109


      1 Not allowed!
      I mentioned on another thread that the NBC commentator actually gave the reason why the minutes applause and recognized Ed's contribution to Falmer and how Albion got to today.
    • #39

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by teaboy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No worries. I certainly don't think the criticism is disrespectful. It's a tricky situation - doing something during play is always going to be open to events on the pitch. So what do you do? Something at half time would be missed by many. A pre-match minute's silence is the other option, but that's weird for the opposition players and fans.

      I don't know what the right answer is. If it had been an Albion goal everyone would be saying how fitting it was. If there'd been a dull minute in midfield it would be fine. As it is, Dad would feel vindicated that he was right (as always!) that these things are silly. We're just glad he wasn't 70!

      Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk
      That is brilliant.

      Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk
    • #40

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mr sheen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      FFS Lord B!
      This with bells on. I'm not a fan of these sorts of things but without Ed Bassford we probably wouldn't have the Amex and therefore extremely unlikely to be in the PL today. That man deserved this a dozen times over.
      My music blog: de-minimis music

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •